Chapter 25 - Games

Dedicated to berryputt
Hello there, this chapter is for you, thanks for returning my will to continue this story <3

Anyway... Hey, guys!! How are you?? Sorry for the looonggg break :(
I got a little bit of a writer's block and caught up a lot of animes...
But I'll try to update this story more often...
Thanks for all the support even though I wasn't very active, you guys mean a lot to me <3

Enjoy this next bit of the story!
---------------------------------------------------------

Headquarter Chief: No... P-Please forgive me.... I-It is my sin to put Officer Reito in Rakushon... I-It's my sin to not listen to him... P-Please, let me go... I-I'll get him out of there... I-I won't have any favorites again... I swear!! I'll look at the truth!!! Just let me go, please!!!

Claw:  .  .  .  .

Headquarter Chief: I-I swea-

Claw: *puts his hand on top of the Chief's mouth* Sshhh...

Claw: *nears his mouth to the Chief's ears and whispers* We both know that your vows mean nothing....

Headquarter Chief: *eyes widen in fear*

Claw: You only said what I wanted to hear, but deep down in your heart, you still don't believe me, do you?

Headquarter Chief: N-No... I-I believe you... I do!!! I believe you!!!! I believe you, I believe you, I believe you, I swear!!! Please, please, believe me...

Claw:  .  .  .  *smirks* Alright... Unlike you, I'll give you a chance to prove yourself... *pauses* But... I'm not the only one you need to convince...

Headquarter Chief: *his heart stops for a second*

Claw: *throws him to the side* Take him... *leaves the place to somewhere else*

Two of Claw's men drag the Chief and follow their boss.

Headquarter Chief: *tries to resist* W-Where are you taking me??

Claw: *ignores him and keeps walking*

After a while...

Claw: *opens Detective Hyousuke's Office door*

Claw: Now... *grins* It's your showtime!!!

•••••
Detective Hyousuke is sitting silently on his work seat.

A lie detector lies on top of his desk.

His face is as unreadable as his feelings.

Detective Hyousuke:  .  .  .

Claw: *walks to the side*

Claw's men push the Chief inside the room and drag him to sit in front of the lie detector, facing his current favorite detective.

Headquarter Chief: H-Hyousuke...

Several cameras are glaring at the Chief.

Claw: You've heard all of it, right? *talking to Hyousuke*

Detective Hyousuke:  .  .  .

Claw: I believe you know what to do

Detective Hyousuke: *clenches his fists* .  .  .

Claw: C'mon now... What are you waiting for? It's not like I told you to do anything out of the ordinary... You've done this hundreds of times... It's your work after all...

Detective Hyousuke:  .  .  . *lowers his head* *stands up* *gets closer to the Headquarter Chief*

Headquarter Chief: H-Hyousuke... I-