Chapter 39 - Will You Let Me...?

Dedicated to Emani4332
You're so sweet, thanks for the message 😌 This chapter's for you! <3

Heyooo, fellas...!
It's been a while and I really miss you guys 😔

This chapter's a bit long and I keep changing the words for the last part🙃, but I hope you like it!
Also, have I told you guys Officer Yuuto's last name? I can't remember so I just gave him a new one in this chapter, if you guys can remember it, please tell me and I'll change it 😭 thanks!

Now, go enjoy! ~~~
---------------------------------------------------------

Since the court is a closed one, not many people are there and medias are forbidden to record the trial.

It gives Atsumu a bit of relief and the court goes smoother than the blond setter and his lover imagined.

All of Claw's men are sentenced to 20 years of prison in Rakushon.

As for the guys who raped Atsumu, they are sentenced for 35 years since Atsumu is not their only victim.

(Mind you that Rakushon is not a regular prison, but a high-security one with very strict regulations)

Claw's uncle, Officer Reito, is declared innocent and Officer Hiroto is declared guilty, along with Chief Masamoto, who is then sentenced to Rakushon.

The judge deems Atsumu's action as self-defense that was done under high emotional pressure, so he doesn't sentence Atsumu to prison but send him to recover in the institution instead.

•••••
Some time later, inside Rakushon

One of the metal bar doors is opened and a man in his 50s who is sitting quietly in his cell is suddenly called out.

An officer tells him the news of what happened and the fact that he doesn't have to spend his days inside the cell anymore.

But he doesn't jump in joy like anybody would expect for someone who has been locked up in prison with a tight security for 15 years after being told that he was free.

No. . . He doesn't look happy at all...

Instead, the officer could almost swear that look rather... sad.

The said officer then tells him to clean up and change into a suit.

After some processes and document signings, he's finally permitted to leave the horrible place that has been his "home" for more than a decade.

Upon reaching its gate, the old man stands still for a couple of seconds to take in the view of the outside world that he thought he would not see until another 5 years.

It's been so long, but he can still remember very vividly in his head, the day he was brought here for the very first time, when not a single wrinkle was visible in his body.

Now, he's 52, years old, but looks closer to 60.

Life in prison hasn't been so kind to him, but he didn't particularly enjoy the life outside of it before anyway.

He had no one and he perfectly knows that even though he gets out of that nightmare, no one is waiting for him on the other side... not anymore.

The old man then tries to steady his heart by taking a deep breath before stepping outside for the first time after so long.

During his time in his cell, not a single day goes by without him thinking of this particular moment.

He thought that the step would feel somehow "grand" and "triumphant", but he doesn't feel any of those.