Chapter 56 - Forever (The End)

Dedicated to @all of my beloved readers who have gone through this roller-coaster journey with me!

Welcome to the final chapter of Please, Don't Do This! If you've read this story since the beginning, congratulations for making it out alive (albeit, emotionally destroyed)!

I want to say a lot of things but for now, I want you to enjoy the story first! Cheers! 🥂
---------------------------------------------------------

1 year later

Atsumu: *takes a deep breath*

Sakusa: *glances at Atsumu* You don't have to do this if you don't want to . . .

Atsumu: . . . *lowers his head* No... Let's do it

Both: *enters the jailhouse*

•••••
In the waiting room

Atsumu: *stares at the table*

Atsumu's dad: Atsumu . . . Is that you?

Atsumu: . . .

Atsumu: Yeah... It's me

Atsumu's dad: *slowly sits in front of the couple* *his hands are cuffed* I . . . I was sure you'd never come...

Atsumu: For many years, I thought that too . . .

Atsumu's dad: H-How many years has it been . . . ? Your brother came the other day.... Told me that you got cured..... I'm . . . really glad to hear that.... *looks at Atsumu*

Atsumu: *averts his face* Wow . . . You've totally changed... Just like what Samu said . . . *scratches his hair* I'm . . . not used to all of this kind treatment from you....

Atsumu's dad: *looks down* *got reminded of all the bad things he did in the past*

Atsumu's dad: . . . *shame engulfs his face* I . . . I'm really sorry for what I did back then . . . I was a fool... You and your brother didn't deserve that . . .

Atsumu: . . .

Atsumu's dad: But... I've learned my lesson now . . . Though I'd never be able to pay it back to you.... For what it's worth... I'm sorry, son . . .

Atsumu: *lowers his head* Is it okay if I don't call you "Dad" just yet...?

Atsumu's dad: *elated* That... That's fine . . . I understand.... That's... already more than I hoped for . . .

Atsumu's dad: *turns his head to Sakusa* Umm... you must be . . . my son's boyfriend...

Sakusa: Fiancé

Atsumu's dad: Ahh... right . . .

Atsumu: We're about to get married... Next week . . .

Atsumu's dad: *lifts up his head* *looks at Atsumu and Sakusa back and forth* *bits his lips* I . . . I know you might not want to receive a blessing from someone like me but... I hope you're happy . . .

Atsumu: . . . Thanks...

Atsumu's dad: . . . I'd come there myself but... y'know . . . *shows his cuffed hands*

Atsumu: Don't worry about it . . . We already got it all figured out

Atsumu's dad: That's great . . .

They talk a little bit again after that.

Police guard: It's time...