Chapter 54 - Selfish

Dedicated to _korejin
Have I dedicated this chapter to you? I forgot + u changed your username so idk 😭 but I hope u still read this story though heheh

I'm currently writing my thesis, wish me luck guys!
---------------------------------------------------------

3 months later
Inside the house in the morning

Sakusa: *about to leave*

Sakusa: *pauses*

Sakusa: *touch Atsumu's forehead*

Atsumu: I don't have a fever, Omi-kun .  .  .

Sakusa: But you've been getting them lately... And your breathing's not much better too .  .  .

Atsumu: I feel fine... Just go! *pushes Sakusa to go to work*

Sakusa: You sure you wanna work later? I could come home earlier and accompany you there .  .  .

Atsumu: And give you extra work on your weekends? Absolutely not... We got a date this week, remember? Just go to work already, you'll be late! *pushes Sakusa out of the door*

Sakusa: Don't you dare have a match with your students! Keep your movements to the minimum!!

Atsumu: *rolls his eyes* Alrighttt, I know!!

•••••
Around 5 pm
In Sakusa's office

Sakusa: *typing* *typing*

Phone: *rings*

"Unknown number"

Sakusa: *frowns*

Sakusa: *picks it up*

Voice: H-hello... Is this Sakusa-san?? Atsumu-sensei... He told us to call this number if anything happens to him .  .  . He.....

The more he talks, the more Sakusa's eyes widen.

He immediately ditches his work and sprints towards his car.

•••••
12 minutes later

Sakusa: *reaches the hospital receptionist* Miya Atsumu, where is he, right now?!?!

After getting the answer, the raven-haired boy wastes no time to reach one of the VIP rooms and opens the door.

His lover, lying on the bed with a bunch of tubes attached on his body and a CPAP attached on his face to help him breathe.

CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure)

Sakusa: Atsumu . . . ! *breathes heavily* *panic in his eyes*

Atsumu: .   .   . *slowly opens his eyes and looks sideways*

Sakusa: *gets closer and calls out his lovers name again, this time with more worry than panic* Atsumu...