Chapter 30 - Holding On

Dedicated to killuakate
Arghhh, thank you so much for recommending my story to your friend, you don't know how happy I am, it's an honor! <3

This is somekind of a resolution to the last 2 chapters... I hope you find a bit of peace... Although it's not really a happy chapter...
But as usual, enjoy~!
---------------------------------------------------------
Two agents finally untie Sakusa from all of his binds.

At this point, Sakusa is losing so much blood that his entire body looks pale.

They lie him on the ground while waiting for the medical team.

Even though he's at the edge of consciousness, the cries of Atsumu fills his head.

Atsumu: I didn't do ittt!!! I didn't do itttt!!! I didn't do ittt!!!

Sakusa: *stretches his healthy hand to the voice* Tsumu . . . Tsumu . . .

The medical team put him on top of a stretcher and lifts him up.

Sakusa: What. . . What h-happened . . to At... sumu . . .

Medic 1: He's okay, Sir... Don't worry...

Sakusa: No... No, he's . . . n-not . . He's... not. . . okay . . .

Atsumu: *still crying* I didn't do ittt... I didn't do ittt...!!!

Medic 2: The agents are with him... He's safe, don't worry...

Sakusa: No . . H-help him . . *pulls the medic's shirt*

Medic 2: *startled*

Sakusa: Help him . . f-first . . .

Medic 2: Y-yeah, they're coming... *gets Sakusa's hand off her and puts it back to Sakusa's side* Try to stay still, Sir... You've lost too much blood...

Sakusa: You . . . Y-you must... help h-him. . . first.....

Medic 1: Yes, yes... He's getting a lot of help right now, don't worry...

•••••
Outside the police station

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

Dozens of paparazzi and curious pedestrians are surrounding the place.

Between the commotion, a guy in his late-40s is struggling to pass the crowd.

The guy: That's... That's my son!!! Let me through!!! Let me through!!!

Officer: *blocks the guy* Sorry Sir... This area is restricted to officials...

The guy: No, Officer... I need to see my son!!! Please... Please, let me through... *pushes a bit stronger*

Officer: *still blocking the guy* I'm sorry, but civilians can't enter this area...

The guy: But I'm not just any civilian!! I'm his FATHER!!!

Officer: *purses his lips in concern* Even so, we can't risk you hampering our protocols...

The guy: *furious* ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?! *pulls the officer's uniform with both of his hands*

Officer: Sir, if you do further than this, I'm gonna have to force you to leave this area...!

The guy: *unwavering* *rage glinting from his eyes* *frustration oozing out of him*

Officer: Sir, this is your final warning... Let go of your hands now!!

Suddenly, the guy sees his son pass through in front of him.

His terrible condition shakes his core.

The guy: . . . . *softens his grip on the police* Please... Please, just let me see him, Officer... If you have a son, you'll understand...