Chapter 32 - The Kiss (Special)

Dedicated to aikoxchan_
Your comment about being excited whenever I post a chapter really made my day! But also I'm sorry, you probably gonna need tissues for this...

I'm getting super busy lately, but I also can't wait to continue this story ughhh!! I'll try my best to post at least once a week, hope you enjoy this chapter <33
---------------------------------------------------------

After dr. Haruki left, once again Atsumu is all alone in his room.

The light from the window at his left becomes brighter.

Such a sunny day, after a harsh night.

It almost seems like fate is saying to Atsumu that the sun will keep on shining with or without him.

That no matter what happens, the world won't hold its breath and wait for him to recover.

Regardless of his condition, the clock will keep on ticking at the same pace and the days will keep on turning as usual.

And somehow, it made him lonelier.

He decides to force himself to walk towards the window and opens its curtain.

From up there, he can see a couple of cars speeding on the road.

Most of the pedestrians are hiding their face beneath an umbrella, but he notices some children dragging their parents into an ice cream truck.

On a weather like this, he'd definitely drag Omi-kun to buy an ice cream as well.

Looking at the road, he then remembers...

Atsumu: <That's right... This place is close to that hill of our first dating spot back then...

I wonder if everything is still the same since that day...>

It takes a couple of seconds until reality hits him.

He suddenly feels like the stupidest person in the world.

Atsumu: *gaze then falls to the floor* *hands clenched* <What were you thinking???

Of course, it will never be the same without him>

And now there's no chance for them to go there together again.

That beautiful moment when they first kiss on that cliff... will only stay as a memory, forever embedded in his heart.

The blond setter takes a deep breath.

Atsumu: <I miss you . . . Omi-kun>

•••••
After checking Osamu, the doctor says that he is okay and that he might even be discharged that late-afternoon.

Osamu: I wanna see my mom now...

Suna: Alright... *takes Osamu's arm and puts it above him* *he also holds his hip for support*

Osamu: I can walk by myself you know...

Suna: I know, I know... This is just a little help...

•••••
After a couple of hours, the sun starts going down.

Atsumu begins to feel pretty couped up in his room.

Even though he's afraid to go out, boredom and loneliness start to eat him alive.

He can't even play volleyball inside the hospital.

After he asked the nurses what happened with the others, his worry and curiosity just kept on adding.

There's no way, he could visit his mom in the ICU with his ex-dad clinging her side.

He could visit Osamu and Suna whenever he wants in the future.