Chapter 5 - The Panic

At Osamu and Atsumu's house
After doing it several times, Atsumu's stomach (and whole body) finally gives out and it hurts too much for him to continue the game.

Fortunately, he's able to finish one glass of water and he's currently asleep.

Osamu makes some porridge for him and stored it in the refrigerator so that whenever Atsumu wants to eat, he can just microwave it and serve it in a short time.

After that he tried to sleep next to Atsumu, but he couldn't put his mind to rest.

Every now and then, he would check Atsumu's temperature and changes the wet white cloth he put on his forehead.

The temperature checker shows the number "38.7°".

Osamu: It's already less than before, but it's still kinda high...

Osamu: I better keep watch until his temperature is back to normal...

•••••
11.45 pm, in Sakusa's car

Meanwhile, Sakusa already contacted almost every single person in his phone.

(Yeah, it's not that many).

(Yeah, even Kageyama, that's how desperate he is).

All the guys at Karasuno also tried to contact other volleyball players that might know Atsumu and started a search party group in social media.

The rain already turned into drizzles now, but a storm is running at a thousand miles per hour in Sakusa's mind.

He already checked Atsumu's favorite park, garden, and sport store and found no traces of Atsumu at all...

Sakusa's getting more and more desperate.

He tried to calm himself down by going through his list of possible places Atsumu might be and repeat the names over and over.

Sakusa: Next is Atsumu's favorite city center... Then theater... Then bank... Then spa... Then phone store... Then coffee shop...

Once in a while, he tried to call Atsumu's phone again, but still... no answer.

•••••
2.35 am

At this point, he already ran out of places to check.

The storm in his mind already turned into a snowy tornado that's sweeping everything on its way.

He's going crazy.

Sakusa: *pants heavily*

Sakusa: W-what should I do, Tsumu?

Sakusa: What should I do?!?!
What should I do?!?!

Sakusa: .  .  .  .

Sakusa: *sees a silhouette of a person that looks like Atsumu from far away* Tsumu?!?!

Car behind: TINNNNNNNN

Sakusa: *startled*

He lifted his feet a bit from the gas without realizing it.

Sakusa: *shakes his head* *steps on the gas again*

Sakusa: <W-what did I just do?!?! I've never been this careless before...>

Sakusa: I-I'm losing it... Tsumu, where the hell are you?!?!

•••••
3.15am

Osamu is half-asleep.

Last time he checked, Atsumu's temperature was 37.5°.