Chapter 26 - I've Told You, Haven't I?

Dedicated to JordanJacobson
Hey there! I see your comments, thanks for reading my story <3

Ahh, my wifi broke since 2 days ago and it sucks... But on the hindsight, it's been pretty fun writing this chapter

Actually, I've been thinking that a room in a mental institution shouldn't have a TV inside, right? It would be bad if the patient watch some bad news like what literally just happened to Atsumu lol

I mean I can change it and make the story longer but I guess you guys don't really care about those details and would prefer to know what happens next faster anyways so let's just overlook this logic for once and just enjoy the story! 😂

---------------------------------------------------------
Inside Atsumu's room

Atsumu: No... No..... *hurries to press the nurse button over and over*

Atsumu: *looks at the door frantically* Ugh!! *leaves the button and dashes out of the room*

Nurse Aiya is walking towards Atsumu's room.

Atsumu: Nurse!!! *grabs the Nurse's hand*

Nurse Aiya: *startled* W-what happened Sir. Miya?

Atsumu: My... My family!!! They're still inside the police station, the one that has been taken over by the criminals!! It's all over the news!!!

Nurse Aiya: Calm down, Sir... The professionals are handling it...

Atsumu: I-I need to go there!!

Nurse Aiya: You can't, Sir! There's nothing you can do anyway... Just wait here, and I'll update you about everything...

Atsumu: How could you expect me to calm down, that's my entire family, right there!!! I-I need to be there with them...

Nurse Aiya: You'll just get in the way of the police...

Atsumu: No... I won't... Please, please, let me go there... I-I can't just sleep here and do nothing... Please...

Nurse Aiya: I'm sorry, but that's outside of my authority... They won't let you get out of here anyway... I can stay with you though...

Atsumu: *lowers his head and tries to stop his mouth from trembling in sadness and anger*

Atsumu: It's... It's my fault that they're all there... I... I can't forgive myself if anything happens to them... *clenches his fists*

Nurse Aiya: It's not your fault, Sir... *holds his clenched hand* I assure you, if the situation is reversed, you wouldn't blame them anyway, right?

Atsumu: Just because they don't blame me, doesn't mean that it's not my fault!

Nurse Aiya: But... You couldn't help it... There's nothing you could've done...

And with that sentence, Atsumu's heart broke.

Atsumu: . . . There was... I should've met Sakusa sooner...

Atsumu: If only I had met him sooner... Then, things wouldn't turn out this way...

Nurse Aiya: Sir. Miya...

Atsumu: Don't you understand?!?! It should've been me!! They all don't deserve that, it should've been me!!! I was just right there!!! I was... *voice breaking* I was just right there...

Nurse Fujita: Mr. Miya?? Is everything alright??

Atsumu: *a bit startled and looks at him immediately*

Atsumu: *feels like being punched in the gut*

Atsumu: *grits his teeth* Can you let me see my family?