Chapter 48 - The Party

Dedicated to Thecrackheadriri
Hey, there... I really enjoy your comments!! Thanks for leaving many of them 😆

Aight guys, I knowww, I left you in a cliffhanger... Go enjoy this next part~
---------------------------------------------------------

5 months later

In a video call . . .

Bokuto: Hey, hey, hey!! How's my beloved kouhai doing??

Atsumu: As usual...

Bokuto: Are you really okay?? You look kinda pale... Have you done the... the umm.. the d-dialo-diale...

Akaashi: (Beside Bokuto) Dialysis...

Bokuto: Ahh yes... I was about to say that!

Atsumu: *chuckles a bit* Yeah... I've just done that... Now, I just need to rest... Sorry, I couldn't come to cheer you on . . . You know I would've... *gives a side-eye* if a certain someone had let me do the dialysis yesterday...

Sakusa: *threatening voice* You know we can't mess up the schedule... Besides, you need a day rest after taking it, you still won't be able to come even if you take it yesterday...

Atsumu: *shrugs* You heard what the boss said...

Bokuto: Yeah, that's too bad... I miss you on the court... The new setter sucks . . . He always sets me too close to the net... We get into fights all the time! Your settings are better!

Atsumu: Obviously! He's a hundred years too early to replace me!

Bokuto: I told Akaashi to replace you instead but he always refuses!

Akaashi: That's not possible, Bokuto-san, I'm from a different university!

Bokuto: See?! You need to get well soon and get back to the court! Sakusa too! Or else I won't have a decent spiker rival!

Sakusa: Who said I was your rival? I'm way better than you!!

Bokuto: No way, I'm wayyy better than you!!!

Sakusa: Yes way! I-

Atsumu: *covers Sakusa's mouth* have to be silent and let me continue my video call . . .

Sakusa: -___-"

Meian Shūgo: *from the back* Bokuto!! Stop being lovey-dovey!! We need to do the warm-up!!!

Bokuto: !!! Ah, yes, Meian! I was just saying hi to Atsumu!!

Meian Shūgo: *from the back* Atsumu's there??

Meian Shūgo: *comes closer* Hi, Atsumu... How's it going??

Atsumu: Ahh, hi, Meian-san... I'm doing good, don't worry about me...

Bokuto: Hey, that's not fair, you always just say "as usual" when I'm the one asking . . .

Sakusa: That's because you talk too much...

Bokuto: That's not true!! Do you think so, Akaashi? Do you think that I talk too much?!

Meian Shūgo: *flicks Bokuto's forehead* I do think so... Now get to the court, I'll put your phone back to your bag...

Bokuto: Ouch... Aye aye... captain... *walks away with Akaashi*

Bokuto: *from the back* You don't think so right, Akaashi? Do you think I talk too much?!

Akaashi: No... Bokuto-san... Don't worry about it and just focus on the game . . .

Meian Shūgo: Sorry, Atsumu . . . But I really gotta go now...