Chapter 38 - Is This What It's Gonna Be Like?

Dedicated to anime_lover1O1
Thanks for binge-reading my story!! I had a lot of fun reading your comments 😆💕

I did say I was gonna post a double-chapter but... uhh, things don't always go as planned, sooo, I update the next chapter in less than a week, I hope it's okay :D
---------------------------------------------------------

Sakusa: *puzzled* What...?

Atsumu: I... I did it, Omi... I pulled the trigger...

Sakusa: I don't get it... You said you didn't do it...

Atsumu: *guilt pooled in his stomach* I didn't want to believe it. . . But, it's true...

Sakusa: No... Your mind just played tricks on you... It's not real, Tsumu

Atsumu: *shakes his head* I remember now. . . What really happened that night...

Sakusa: . . .

Atsumu: He was about to take the gun . . . and I pulled the trigger before he could do it... I... I did it...

Sakusa: *holds Atsumu's hand as best as he could with his wounded hand*

Sakusa: You did what you had to do... No one's blaming you, Tsumu...

Atsumu: But... I killed a man, Omi... I killed a human being...

Sakusa: It was self-defense... He could've hurt you if he got the gun... Besides, he asked you for it, right?

Atsumu: Then I shouldn't have listened to him!! If I kill a killer, what makes me any different than him?

Sakusa: .   .   . You're nothing like him, Tsumu... He's a criminal who manipulates people for living, he tortures and rapes people for fun!! That's not you at all!!

Atsumu: *lowers his head* It doesn't matter if he deserves it or not... I still did it...

Sakusa: Listen. . . *touches Atsumu's face* It's not your fault, Tsumu... You did it to protect us... I'm here now because of you...

Atsumu: .   .   . *purses his lips*

•••••
Some time in the afternoon

A couple knocks are heard from the door.

Door opens.

Sakusa: *eyes widen* Officer Yuuto??

Officer Yuuto: Nice to see you again, Sakusa-kun...

Sakusa: .  .  .

Atsumu's body tenses up at the sight of a police.

Officer Yuuto: *sees Sakusa holding Atsumu's hand* I see you've reconnected with Mr. Miya...

Sakusa: *defensive mode* Why are you here, Officer?

Officer Yuuto: *sighs* Straight to the point as usual... *smiles* But I guess it's natural when you just got your lover back... I won't take too much of your time... There are some people from the police department who want to meet you guys, is it okay?

Sakusa: <Do they want to investigate about "that"?>

Sakusa: . . . *looks at Atsumu*

Atsumu: . . . *uneasy*

Sakusa: Why are they here? *getting tensed as well*

Officer Yuuto: Don't worry, guys... They just want to thank you... Me too actually...

Sakusa: .  .  . *looks at Atsumu*

Atsumu: *looks at Sakusa back with worry in his eyes*

Sakusa: It's gonna be okay...