Chapter 13

* Brooke's pov.*

Finally it is Tuesday, which means I'm flying out to see Matt today.

I can't help but smile at the thought. I have so much that I have to get done before twelve and it's currently eight forty two.

I smell pancakes and sausage, which makes my stomach growl. Mom must be making breakfast.

When I told her I was flying out to see Matt today she got really excited and didn't even ask how I was going to pay the ticket. All she talked about was how happy she was that we were friends again, and how much fun I'm going to have.

I roll out of bed and make my way down stairs and sit on a stool at the bar in my kitchen.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." My mom smiles putting a plate in front of me.

"Good morning momma." I say while cutting up my pancakes.

"Are you excited?" She asks with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

I swear I think she's more excited than I am.

"Yeah I am, but I'll be even more excited when I have everything done that I need to do, and I'm on the plane." I say while laughing a little.

" I believe you. You've got a lot to do before twelve." She says while patting me on the shoulder and walking out of the kitchen and into her room.

I finish my food, and head to my bathroom to take a shower.

I step into the shower and let the warm water run on my body before grabbing the shampoo and conditioner and rubbing it into my hair.

After I wash my body I get out and slip on some light blue Jean shorts and a black tank top with sandals.

I lightly apply my makeup. Lastly, I straighten my hair.

After I'm done getting ready I pack everything into my suitcase, and finish packing for my clothes.

I let out a sigh and flop down on my bed.

Finally I'm done with everything.

My eyes start to close, and I fall asleep.

"Brooke wake up we need to leave." My Mom says as she shakes my shoulder.

I rub my eyes as I sit up and grab my suitcase and follow my mom down the stairs.

I walk outside and set my stuff in the trunk of the car, and get into the passengers seat.

I watch my mom put the car in reverse and back out of the driveway. We make our way down the street and towards the airport.

The radio turns on and the song Love me Harder by Ariana Grande is on. I hum along to the song.

I watch out of the window until I realize were already at the airport. I excitedly jump out of the car and get my things out of the trunk while basically running too my gate.

I can hear my mom laughing behind me, while telling me to show down.  I laugh and stop while I wait for her to catch up.

"Mom lets go, I wanna get to my gate before everyone gets there." I mumble.

"Sweetie I'm walking so fast that I'm basically running." She gently pushes me.

I smile and continue walking until finally we make it to my gate after going through security.

I take a seat next to mom as we wait for them to call my flight.

I lay my head down on her shoulder, and sit there quietly until she speaks up.

"Now if you need me call me, I'll be there as soon as I can. " she says.

I lift my head up to look at her before saying " I will mom. I promise."

She smiles and says " I'm sure you'll have loads of fun you're going to be with Matthew."

I just smile.

"Seriously I want you to call me every now and then and let me know what's going on." She says with a serious look on her face.

" I will mom, I'll call you when I land and I'm with Matt." I reassure her.

"Okay I'm ju-" she was beginning to say before she was cut off by the woman calling for my flight.

" I guess that's my que." I lightly laugh.

She pulls me in for a hug and kisses my forehead. "Please please please call me when you're there." She says once more.

" I will I promise." I say into her arm as I hug her.

" Have fun, I love you!" She says before I walk away.

" I love you too." I smile. Making my way over to board the plane I hand the woman my ticket, and wait for her approval. She hands me my ticket and says "Have a nice flight."

I turn and wave to my mom one last time before boarding the plane.

"A12..A12..A12" I mumble to myself while looking for my seat.

Finally I find it and luckily I have a window seat. I bet Matthew did this on purpose  he knows I love having the window seat when I fly.

I grab my phone out of my purse, and put in my headphones and listen to Pandora. Not to much later my eyes get heavy and sleep takes over.

"Ma'am, we are about to land and I'm going to need you to put your device away please." The flight attendant says waking me up from my nap with an all to fake smile.

I just give her a forced small smile and do as I'm told. Not to much later a voice comes on the intercom.

" We are about to land in St. Louis, the temperature is currently seventy three degrees, it is three sixteen p.m. Enjoy your stay, and always fly delta."

The plane finally lands, and I grab my things and quickly make my way off of the plane. Luckily I was able to bring everything with me so I don't have to worry about baggage claim.

My hands start to get sweaty, and I get more and more nervous mixed with excitement.

I don't know why I'm nervous Matt is my best friend maybe it's because we haven't talked in awhile.

As I get past security, I see a familiar looking boy with brown spiked up hair, standing next to a grown man.

Matt looks up and sees me and a huge and grows on his face, I couldn't help but smile either.

When I get closer I drop my bags and run into Matt's arms, as he picks me up and spins me around, mumbling "I missed you"s into the crook of my neck.

I didn't realize until this moment how much I really missed him too.