Chapter 33

"All of this that's going on is crazy." Hayes mumbled as we walk around the beach.

"I know." I say as I look up to see the rest of the boys playing volley ball with a couple of girls that they met here.

"Are you going to forgive Matt?" Hayes mumbles and turns to look at me.

I let out a sigh and avoid looking at him, instead I just stare out into the ocean.

"I don't know. He left before we came here to go see Bobby. I don't really know what to do Hayes." I quietly say.

Hayes turns to me and just looks at me for a minute.

"Maybe he didn't mean it." He says.

My head snaps to the side to look at him.

"Huh?" I question.

"I mean I'm not making excuses for the guy because what he did was wrong, but I mean maybe he did it because he didn't want to choose between you guys, and he just wanted her to shut up, so he told her what she wanted to hear." Hayes says.

The thoughts all tangle in my head as I just sit there and think about what Hayes said along with everything that has happened.

Maybe he's right. I mean I've done that before but not so extreme of calling my best friend names.

"Maybe you should just talk to Matt." Hayes suggest.

"Maybe I should." I mumble

"You should." Hayes reassures me with a smile.

"Okay I'm gonna text him and tell him to meet me so we can talk." I say to Hayes while pulling out my phone.

"Hey Matt, we need to talk. Meet me at the house?" I read out loud, and then press send.

"Now you just wait and see if he will come." Hayes says and wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk towards the guys.

My phone viberates and I look at the screen to see a text from Matt that says "We really do, I'm on my way now."

"Looks like you won't be waiting very long either." Hayes laughs.

"I'm gonna go tell the guys I'm leaving." I say before giving Hayes a hug.

"Thank you for being the best." I smile.

"Of course." He says.

I walk up to the side or the volleyball net and call Nash's name.

"Okay time out." Nash yells before running over to me.

"What's up?" He smiles down at me.

"I'm leaving, but I'll see you when you get back to the house." I tell him, but then Cameron comes up behind him.

"Where are you going?" Cameron's eyebrows scrunch together.

"I'm going to the house." I say.

"Why are you leaving? What's wrong?" Nash asks concerned.

"Nothing is wrong, I just need to talk to Matt so he's at the house waiting on me." I say beginning to get annoyed with all of the questions.

"Woah, Matt? I'm going with you." Cameron says.

I roll my eyes and look at the boys.

"No you're not." I say.

"But what if something happens?" Cameron protest.

Nash and I just look at him.

"Matt has been my best friend since we were little, nothing is going to happen. I love you but you guys are staying here and I'm going, I'll see you when you get home." I say firmly and begin to walk away.

Someone grabs my hand and pulls me back a little.

"Just call me if you need anything okay?" Nash says sincerely.

I smile and nod my head.

I walk back to the car and tell the driver to take me back home.

I tap my fingers on my knee out of nervousness the entire way home.

I'm not sure what I'm going to say to Matt or what is going to happen but I'm nervous.

"We're here Brooke." The driver says snapping me out of my thoughts.

I give him a smile before saying thank you and walking up to the front door.

"Well here goes nothing." I mumble to myself before walking in.