Chapter 39

The sun shining on my face woke me up, when I rolled over Cameron was no where to be seen, and Nash was laying on he other couch, with a slice of pizza on his chest.

I let out a small chuckle at the sight of him but then set off in search for Cameron.

I was about to walk up the stairs until I heard voices coming from the kitchen.

I instantly turned on my heel and walked to the wall beside the kitchen and listened.

All that I could hear was laughter coming from Cameron and my mom.

"So how long have you and my daughter known each other?" I heard my mom say.

"Not too long, but long enough to know she's an amazing girl. I met her on tour with Matthew." Cameron informs her.

I smile at Cameron's comment and continue to listen.

"Ahh, Mr. Matthew. I haven't seen much of him lately, any idea what's going on?" My mom questions.

My eyes go wide and I just pray that Cameron doesn't tell her everything.

"I think he's just wrapped up in spending time with his girlfriend." Cameron says.

Well he didn't lie.

"He has a girlfriend?" She asks.

"Yes ma'am." Cameron says.

"Is she in town?" My mom asks.

"Yeah, I think so." Cameron says almost hesitantly.

"I think I'm going to have a dinner and invite them over, before you kids leave again." My mom suggest.

Oh great.

It's time to interup before we have a whole family reunion.

"Goodmorning." I walk in and smile at the two of them.

Cameron's face lights up, when I walk in the room, wow he's so cute.

My mom smiles and hugs me..

"Good morning sweetie." She smiles.

"If it's okay with you, I'm gonna steal Cameron and then go for a walk." I laugh.

"Yeah go ahead, is Nash still sleeping?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm gonna head out now." I say and grab Cameron's hand.

I pull Cameron out of the front door and start off down the street.

"Where are we going?" Cameron looks at me.

"I just thought you needed to be saved from that conversation, but I guess we could go somewhere that Matthew and I used to hang out." I shrug my shoulders.

"Oo, I'm able to go places that I only you and Matthew went I must be pretty important." Cameron smirks.

I push his shoulder and smile.

"Yeah, I guess you kinda are." I wink at him.

"So where exactly are we going?" Cameron asks.

"We're actually here now." I smile looking up at the familiar tree.

"A tree?" Cameron asks.

I point up to the top where the tree house is.

"Oh a tree house." Cameron laughs.

His laugh is heaven.

"C'mon." I say, and start to climb up the tree with Cameron following behind me.

When we get inside Cameron's eyes scan the walls until it lands on the carving of Matthew and I's name.

"I thought you guys weren't a thing?" Cameron says looking at me with a confused expression.

"We weren't." I tell him.

"Matthew and Brooke forever. Yeah that doesn't seem like anything a couple would say at all." Cameron says.

"It meant friends. Matthew and Brooke forever. Best friends forever." I say.

"But I guess forever wasn't as long as I thought it was." I mumble looking down.

Cameron's face softens at my words.

"You are still best friends." He says.

"We aren't close anymore. We're friends but not best friends anymore." I say.

"Well now you have me." Cameron says.

I just stare at him.

"What?" He asks.

"Nothing, I just really can't believe you're here, and that you flew across the country for me." I say honestly.

"Baby girl I'd go wherever for you." Cameron says coming closer.

"Baby girl huh?" I smirk.

Butterflies were erupting inside of me.

He's so perfect, and he wants me. How does this happen.

"Yes, baby girl, or do you prefer princess or baby." He says and places a kiss on my cheek.

I close my eyes at the sudden contact.

"There's one more thing that I would like to call you." Cameron says.

I open my eyes and state directly into his eyes.

"My girlfriend. I want to call you my girlfriend and show you off to the rest of the world. I want to kiss you in front of guys that are attracted to you just so they know you're mine. I want to cuddle with you late at night, and be able to come visit you when the tour ends. I want to travel with you, I want to make memories with you. I want to fall in love slowly but surely with you. I want you to be mine only mine so please give me the privilege of doing all of those things, and be my girlfriend." Cameron says, grabbing the sides of my face in his hands.

My heart nearly explodes at his speech.

Nobody has ever said anything like that to me before, or even wanted to do all of those things with me so saying I'm surprised is a huge understatement.

"Yes, god yes." I laugh trying not to cry.

Cameron doesn't even say anything he just pulls my face to meet his in a kiss.

I get pushed back against the tree house wall, as he continues to kiss me.

Never in my life have I caught feelings for someone so quickly, but Cameron is drowning me in feelings.

His voice, laugh, smile, the way his eyes sparkle is all perfect. It's one of the best things in the world, and to know that the person that I feel so strongly about feels the same exact way for me is incredibly satisfying.

Cameron's hands run down my sides as he continues to kiss me.

My hands run through his hair making it into a mess.

Cameron pulls away instantly making me whine from the loss of contact.

A smirk plays on his lips.

"I love the effect I have on you." He says.

"Shut up." I laugh.

"I think we should head back." I say.

"Okay but baby wait." Cameron says.

I turn to look at him.

"Can this be our special place now?" Cameron asks.

My heart kinda pinches at his words and make me think of Matthew.

I couldn't say no, but it would always be Matthew and I's secret place.

I smile and nod my head.

"Okay lets go so I can tell everyone how I have the most beautiful girl in the world as my girlfriend." Cameron says and kisses my forehead before climbing down.