Chapter 3

I ran straight out of school and just continue to run.

I don't know where I'm going, I just allow my feet to take me wherever they want to go right now.

After running for what seems like ever I find myself right in front of the tree that has a tree house at the top. It was Matt and I's hiding spot.

Nobody really knows that it's here except for us.

I climb up the rope to get to the top.

As soon as I enter the tree house, I see all the different things Matt and I brought up here.

I slowly make my way to the wall of the tree house. I rub my hand across writing on the wall that says " Matthew & Brooke forever".

I remember when Matt wrote this. It was last summer. We would come here everyday and just hang out and get away from everyone and everything.

That day Matt looked at me and said "Brooke I never ever want to lose you."
I remember hugging him and him smelling like axe. I replied "Matt me and you are inseparable you'll never lose me." He lightly smiled before saying " You and me forever?". I let out a small laugh and said " You and me forever."

I smile at the memory.

I slide down the rope and set off on my way towards home.

I kick rocks across the street as I walk along the sidewalk near my house.

Finally I make it back to my house.

As soon as I walk I to the house my mom sticks her head around the corner of the kitchen wall.

"What are you doing home?" my mom asks me with a concerned look.

"I couldn't look at him mom. He's leaving tomorrow morning and he won't even look at me." I say as I finally start to break down into tears.

My mom rushes over to me pulling me into a hug.

"Oh baby, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. You and Matthew were so close, I don't know why y'all are acting like this." She says stroking my hair.

" He lied to me, and didn't tell me he was leaving. I found out from the freaking news mom. Do you know how much it hurts just for your best friend to leave for months, and not even tell you? It freaking sucks. " I say all at one time getting out my thoughts.

" I know it does, but maybe you should go over there tomorrow morning and try to talk to him before he leaves." She says in a hopeful tone.

" I won't be able to say goodbye to him mom." I say in between sobs.

" Shh, it's okay, everything will work out just go watch a movie and take a nap." My mom says while holding me tighter.

All I can manage to get out right now is "alright." With that I force my self up the stairs and into my room.

I change into one of Matthew's t-shirts that he left here one day and some shorts.

I put my favorite Disney movie, Cinderella in and begin to watch the movie.

After a few minutes my eyes get heavier and heavier until eventually I fall into a deep sleep.

___________________________

if you're reading this you're freaking amazing, and thank you for reading my story! <3333