Chapter 5

I groan and push myself out of bed, making me way out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

" What time is it?" I say while rubbing my eyes.

"5:30, You've slept literally all day. Every time I tried to wake you up you'd groan and roll back over and go back to sleep." my mom chuckles while putting a plate of chicken in front of me.

I'm just gonna keep the dream to myself. I know that if I tell my mom about it she'll make me go over to Matt's house either tonight or tomorrow morning to talk to him.

I bite into my chicken. This is literally like my favorite thing my mom makes.

"So are you planning on going to school tomorrow?" My mom asks while cutting up her chicken.

"Um I was sorta hoping that you would let me stay home." I say with a small smile.

" I guess you can." she says smiling back at me now.

" Yay." I say while taking another bite.

"Are you going to go and try to talk to him?" She says with her eyes on her food.

My eyes glance up to her.

"I wasn't planning on it." I say as I take a sip of my Dr. Pepper.

"Oh okay." she says back whole getting up to put her plate in the sink.

" I'm going to go out for a little while tonight, so you'll be alone for a bit." she informs me while walking out of the room.

I sigh and get up to put my plate in the sink and then make my way back up to my room for the night.

Making my way over to my night stand I pull out a pair of sweat pants and a t shirt and slide into them.

I grab my laptop off of my dresser, and cuddle up under the blankets on my bed.

Scrolling through my twitter timeline I see Matt's name pop up.

" @TheMattEspinosa: I miss you."

" I miss you too Matt." I whisper to myself.

Sighing as I shut of the laptop and lay down just staring at the ceiling.

I want to say goodbye to him before he leaves in the morning, but I'm still extremely upset with him, and I can't even stand the thought of saying goodbye to Matthew.

If he misses me so much, why can't he come and talk to me? Why can't he come say goodbye, or even apologize.

A million questions start to ring through my head as I begin to think more and more of Matt leaving tomorrow, and of his tweet.

A headache begins to form because of all the thoughts inside my head.

I get out of bed and go to my bathroom cabinet where the medicine is and take two Advils.

I climb back in bed and shut my eyes and try to go back to sleep so this horrid migraine would stop.

Slowly my eyes begin to close and I fall back asleep.
___________________________

Matt's pov*

" Matt we've got to leave in an hour it's already 8:30 you've got until 9 to go do whatever you need to do before we go to the airport." My mom says while standing in the doorway of my bathroom watching me fix my hair in the mirror.

"Alright." I say as I walk past her and down the stairs to the front door.

"I'll be back soon!" I tell before walking out of the door.

I grab my skateboard that was leaning against the wall of porch, and make my way down the street.

I look around in all different directions just looking around at the town that I'll be leaving for a couple of months.

I sigh as I stop in front of Brooke's house.

I get off my board and put it on the grass and make my way up to her front door.

What if she doesn't want to talk to me? What if she doesn't answer? What if she says she hates me?

A lot of different questions fill my head as I just stand awkwardly in front of Brooke's front door.

"Here goes nothing." I mumble to myself.

I raise my hand to knock on the door but stop before it even touches it.

I sigh and rub a hand through my hair, as I turn around on my heals, grab my board and make my way back home.