𝟶𝟼

„H I C K E Y S"

"Who's that?" We stand on a rack watching a body being carried away.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm" some girl says.

JJ leans his arm on my shoulder. "Good thing you're so small" he whispers smiling. I just smile in response. As always. When it comes to JJ I'm just at a loss of words, every time.

"Check out this pic I got" the girl holds out her cell phone."Dead body"

"what kind of boat did he have?" asks JJ curiously. He holds his arm to the roof and I can't help but stare at his muscles.

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-white" continues the girl. "Everyone's out looking for it"

——————————-

I'm sitting next to JJ, who's playing around with his lighter, when Pope comes running up.

"Okay. So, um...we didn't see anything. We don't know anything" Pope makes clear. "We need to have total and complete amnesia."

"Actually-" JJ holds up his finger to Pope. "Pope's right for once. See I agree with you sometimes" he stands up. "Deny, deny, deny"

"Guys, we can't keep that money" Kiara looks up at the others.

"Okay, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" JJ replies, leaning on the railing.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs".

"Yeah but—" I say but am interrupted

"--otherwise, it's bad karma" continues Kie.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too" adds pope. "We gotta go dark"

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree" JJ paces back and forth on the porch of the chateau.

"I actually agree with JJ this time" I walk over to JJ and John b and tie my hair up with a scrunchie. Which I would have been better off not doing.

"I don't agree" says John b, patting JJ's shoulder.

"What, why?" asks JJ.

"Just—" John b looks over at me and notices the marks on my neck. "Emmi, what-" he walks over to me and looks at my neck.

"Ouch!" I say, slapping my brother's hand away. He laughs and shakes his head.

"what's that on your neck?" He stands expectantly in front of me.

"John b, she—" starts JJ but Johnb cuts him off. Why does he want to protect me, like all the time?

"--You better be quiet" John b gives JJ a look.

"It's nothing" I shake my head.

"Nothing? Who was that? Oh wait, what a question when I already know who it was" John b throws his gaze over to JJ.

"Woah, come on down dude I—" defends JJ but is interrupted again.

"--you mean to tell me, with your games all the time, that you're not the reason my sister has hickeys on her neck?"

"John b, JJ—" I want to explain myself, but then I think about it. „I have a boyfriend John b, like why would you think of JJ first?"

"Yeah, dude, like we both know it wasn't me, Mia, right?"
"Although I wouldn't have a problem with that" JJ mumbles quietly to himself. I give him a short smirk and then explain myself.

 I give him a short smirk and then explain myself