𝟺𝟸

S I C K O F Y O U R S H I T

"Let's go see where this son of a bitch lives." JJ mumbles and the others follow JJ.

"I'm gonna remember this shit!" Barry crawls around on the floor. "You can't hide from me! I know exactly who y'all are! Huh? You're gonna see me again!"

John b throws the keys of the car as far as he can into the woods and then gets on the bus with us.

——————-

"Welcome to Crackhead Wasteland." murmurs Sarah as the six of us arrive at Barry's home. This really is the worst part of the cut.

"I don't know about this, man." sighs Pope, and JJ stops the bus. "Dude, why are we at Barry's?"

"This'll only take a second." JJ gets off the bus and walks straight toward the house.

"Where you going?" questions John b.

"Yo soy justicia." JJ exclaims and walks into the house.

"Did you glean anything from that?" mumbles Pope from the bus.

"You know somebody should probably-" says Kiara but is interrupted.

"Yeah, I got it." I and John b say at the same time and look at each other briefly. "We can both go. Two is always better." he says and we follow JJ into the house.

We walk in, to JJ who is ransacking the house. "Yeah, so what's your plan, slick?" asks John b.

"Well, as thou hath stealeth from us-" the boy lifts up some pillows. "-we shall stealeth from ye."

John b looks confusedly at his friend. "Yeah that kinda got lost in translation."

"An eye for an eye, John b." says JJ, and John b stands in front of him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's great, JJ. Brut what happens after you rob a drug dealer, huh? He knows who we are!"

"I'm not scared of this guy." JJ scoffs and walks past John b.

"JJ, maybe-" I try to say, but my brother interrupts me. "JJ, don't-" but JJ has already gone into Barry's bedroom.

"There we go." JJ takes a bag from Barry's closet and pours it out to see quite a bit of money falling out of it. I come in the door while John b waits in the kitchen

"what are you doing?" he shouts.

"Getting even!" calls JJ back.

"JJ, don't do that. That's not you, you-" but JJ interrupts me.

"How do you know it's not me, Mia? Huh? Look, this guy had a fucking gun on you." JJ puts the money in his backpack. "On my girl, a gun on my girl."
"All right, took care of business." He comes back into the kitchen, with me following him. My brother gives me a questioning look, but I just shrug.

"Hey, look at me." John b stops JJ by his shoulders. "If you keep going down this road you're gonna end up just like your dad, do—"

but John b stops when JJ holds him by his shirt and pushes him against the wall.

"You watch your mouth, man." says JJ serious. "Aren't you tired of being messed with?" he asks.

"That's not the point, JJ." John b answers.

"'Cause I am." JJ laughs in an aggressive way and then walks out of the house.

"All right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that, y'all." JJ says to the others.