𝟸𝟾

HIT IT

"all right" John b stops the bus, near the lighthouse. It's getting late and pretty dark. "Hit it boys!"

"We're goin' Recon mission." JJ adds.

"Yo, uh... so, uh, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself...tonight." explains John b and Kiara gives him an annoyed look.

"Really?" asks JJ.

"what?"

"Nothin' brother." JJ takes off his cap.

"Look, I just don't wanna spook Sarah with the peanut gallery."

"I just don't understand why we're involving her at all." says Kie. "Good point." I murmur.

"Kie, we're not involving her, okay? It's- It's just, uh, like a- a business meeting..." justifies John b. JJ takes the thing in his hand and pretends to gulp it down in his mouth, making gagging noises. Pope and I laugh at the blond boy, while Kie just rolls her eyes.

"Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus we need the map

"Look, once we get what we need, we cut her loose, all right? Plus we need the map." John b. explains.

"Promise me nothing's happening between you." says Kiara seriously.

"Nothing is happening, Kie." sighs John B, rolling his eyes.

"I'm being serious! This isn't about you, and this isn't about us. This is about her. Dude, she's gonna get inside your head. Just promise me nothing's happening between you guys."

"I promise." John b assures.

"And that's where the promise was broken a long time ago." I whisper to JJ, and he gives me a laugh in response.

"That was really believable." says JJ to the two. "A hundred percent believable." Pope adds.

"Anyways, um... I'm gonna take care of business." John b decides.

"You're gonna take care of it, so well." smiles JJ.

"I tell you, we just sit here.... in the hot-ass car." says Pope.

"Yeah, yeah." John b walks off the bus.

"-while it's lightning."

----————————-

"Right... what's the deal with you two lovebirds, by the way?" Kiara turns to JJ and me. I immediately stop laying in JJ's arm and sit up straight.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, your goodbye kiss, and your looks, your behavior. JJ doesn't stop flirting with you" Smiles Kiara.

"JJ doesn't flirt with me." I look confused at the others. I know that he's flirting with me, I don't even know why I said that.

"Yes he is."

"Yes he is." adds Pope.

"Yes I am." JJ smiles.