𝟷𝟹

R E D F I E L D

"This place is scary." Kiara says as we walk in a cemetery in the dark with our flashlights."John b what are we doing?"

I really don't feel good. I am a person who hates the dark. Or rather it is a kind of hate love. The darkness can be so beautiful, but right now, in this place, it definitely is not.

I'm wearing a hoodie from JJ. I'm pretty much always cold, and it's at night, so it's even colder. And JJ's hoodies are just the coziest.

"Shut up. You know how you're tying to remember a song and can't remember who sings it?" My brother asks.

Kiara nods. "Yeah"

"So, Redfield. This whole time, I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place. It's a person" he shines his flashlight up to the wall where "Redfield" is written.

"Voi-effing-là" JJ looks at the wall in amazement, and I can't help laughing. He looks over at me with a smile. I love the smile he always gives me when he just made me laugh again.

"See, our great-great-grandmother Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name." John b explains. "Help me with the door. Come on."

"All right" Pope runs over to John b.

"One, two, three" the two boys say and try to push the door open.

"Are you pushing?" Pope asks."Yeah, I'm pushing"

"Hold on, I got it" says the blond boy with conviction and pushes on the door too.

"This door is like 700 pounds. It's not gonna budge" groans Pope.

"We didn't come this far to get this far, all right? We got this" JJ states as Pope flinches.

The suddenly, a snake comes out of the wall."Whoa!" Screams Pope as the snake comes out faster.

"A snake!" Shouts JJ. "That's a moccasin, all right. Ye olde dr, cottonmouth. Death in tall grass" then JJ starts barking at the snake.

"JJ what the—" I laugh to the boy. Why the hell is he barking at a snake right now?

"JJ, shut up. Shut up!" Shouts Kiara.

"You're gonna wake the frickin dead, man" Pope pats JJ on the shoulder.

"They're afraid of dogs. Everyone knows that, man" JJ looks helplessly at the others."Wait wait, hold on"

"What?" John b and Kie say at the same time.

"If there's one, there's probably dozens" says JJ seriously."All around"

"Can you stop? You're scaring me" Kie gives him an annoyed look.

And JJ starts barking at the snake again. I almost fall down laughing.

"Stop barking at the snakes" John b orders seriously.

"Just masking sure it's clear" JJ looks around.

"How can y'all be so serious all the time?" I laugh and JJ gives me a smile.

"Emilia stop!" John b turns to Pope who is talking to him.

"John, look. We're not gonna get in there, all right? It's not budging. We should probably just go" Pope suggests.

I then shine a light on a hole in the wall. "I can get through"

"No, no, no, no, no. You think you're gonna fit through the hole?" John B asks me. "That hole?"

"Look, this is about our dad, John b. And you know I don't really believe that, but if you do, then you deserve the truth." I say. "I'll do it"

"Um... What? Hell no" says JJ and we all turn to the blonde boy."What?"