𝟷𝟶

C A L L I N G H E R N A M E S

"I'm just saying, like I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you" JJ sits in the passenger seat of the bus next to John B, and I sit behind them.

"She's like, "Oh, John b"" JJ moans and I have to let out a giggle from the back. He looks back at me with a smile.

I love the way he can make me laugh every day with literally everything.

"Is that what she does?" asks John b

"Definitely." I laugh.

"She's sketching about you diving, and then she kissed you bro".

"She kissed me on the cheek" corrects John b.

Apparently the correcting thing runs in the family.

"It's not like we were making out or something"

"Low-hanging fruit, bro. Don't pretend you don't notice. I see it in your eyes" JJ points to his eyes. "You're like, "I kinda like that"" he imitates John b. "-and you start blushing and shit"

"I blush?"

"Yeah.."

"Really?"

"Yeah" JJ grabs the compass and John b wants to take it right out of his hand.

"Hey, don't—"

"i was just looking at it! .... I gotta admit, your father's compass in Scooter's boat, that's freaky" the way JJ sits in the bus, his one leg on the shelf and in his hand the compass he's staring at, gives me a slight tingle.

"Yeah. That's why we're going to talk to Ms. Lana, figure this whole thing out" says John b, looking back.

"Look, I still don't understand why we're doing this. I mean, can't we leave the woman alone?" I sigh.

"Yeah I'm sure she would just love to talk to us. It's not like her husband just drowned or anything" says JJ sarcastically.

—————————————-

"Here ya go" JJ holds the back door open for me and helps me off the bus. "Know what this house looks like?" questions JJ.

"Weed plantation" I mumble and JJ gives me a smile.

"Exactly. Whoever lives here smokes too much weed" JJ continues. We suddenly hear windows breaking and loud noises from inside as we walk towards the house.

"Maybe we should come back" suggests the blonde.

"No, no, shut up. Shut up, JJ" John b holds his hand in front of JJ so he stops talking.

"Tell me where it is, or I'll fuck you up" a man shouts aggressively from the house. "I'll sink you in the fucking-" a loud crash.

"John b that's-"

"I-"

"Shut up you guys. Come on" John b waves us both over with his finger and we run to the wall.

"Still think we should stay?" asks JJ a little anxiously, holding me close to him the whole time. He always keeps an eye on me.

"Shut up, shut up" whispers John b.

"The compass wasn't in the boat! Where is it Lana?" the men continue to shout at the woman.

"The-" I hold up the compass and look in shock at the two boys as JJ puts his hand in front of my mouth. Paint falls off the walls onto our heads.

"Is that paint?" JJ tousles through his hair.