𝟻𝟷

It is the day after the incident. I slowly open my eyes and see my boyfriend in front of me with a smile.

"Good morning, beautiful." he says, and gives me a kiss on the forehead. Because of my injuries, this is probably the only place where he can kiss me without it hurting.

"good morning, Jay" I say sleepily and snuggle with my head on his lap. He plays with my hair and at the sight of me snuggled on his lap, he has to smile.

"Oh, I smell something delicious. Is that for me?" I ask with a smile, looking at the pancakes on the plate, he has in his hands. "Ouch" while smiling my lips still hurt a little too much.

"Don't strain yourself babe. Yeah, this is for you. Hopefully you can eat it at all with your injuries" he looks at me worriedly.

"Thank you, baby" I lean in and hug him.

Now I am a little better than yesterday, not yet good, the wounds still hurt a lot, but better. I can walk, talk and laugh normally. But when someone looks at me, it is impossible not to see that something has been done to me.

I decided to go out again. JJ thinks a little fresh air will do me good after all. He does everything for me and is by my side all the time. That's what I love about him and right now I appreciate it very much.

We meet at the Wreck with Pope and Kie. My brother is still with Sarah or something. I don't know where he is exactly, I just know he didn't come back after last night.

We're sitting at the table talking when he walks in. Yeah, Rafe Cameron. Everyone looks over when they notice.
JJ wants to get up but I quickly pull him back.

"JJ, take it easy" I say to my boyfriend, who doesn't take his eyes off Rafe.

"I do...I'm totally calm" he replies with his jaw clenched. He clenches his hands into fists.

Rafe heads to the bar. He takes a drink and then goes out to the terrace after winking at me with a smirk. That's it for JJ.

"He's not worth it, dude" says Pope but that doesn't help.

JJ gets up immediately and goes out to the terrace to Rafe.

"Ooooh, hello Pogue. I see you took care of those few scratches on your cute girlfriend" he says laughing and drinking from his straw.

JJ immediately punches him in the face as hard as he can.

"Woah Maybank." says Rafe laughing as he wipes the blood off his nose. "That was one too many." and he punches JJ back.

Meanwhile we all have long since run out and are standing by, while trying to talk JJ down.

"you don't think you can win this, do you?" Rafe laughs and looks to the side.

JJ looks down with a grim smile and then back up. I just know this isn't going to end well.

"Bet" says JJ and slaps Rafe so they both crash into a table. They fall to the floor and a serious fight develops. But Rafe starts to weaken and eventually just lies there while JJ beats the crap out of him. Rafe's face is covered in blood and I can't really tell if he's even still alive.

Then, thankfully, two officers come and forcibly separate the two.

"Whoop whoop, cops are here!" JJ shouts laughing.

"Maybank, come here" says one officer as he handcuffs JJ.

"JJ!" I yell but the others hold me back.

"Oh...oh officer...now that you are arresting me anyway. May I please kill him before you take me away?" asks JJ in a kind of serious tone and the officer just shakes his head.

While the other one takes care of Rafe, who is still lying on the ground, JJ is taken away.

—————————————

"I can't believe you did that" I say as I dab JJ's wounds in the police station. I am there to pick JJ up a few hours later.

"Mia, it would have happened anyway" says JJ and looks at me.

"What do you mean?" I look at him confused.

JJ looks to the side for a moment, and then back at me.

"I should have killed him." JJ says, still angry.

"JJ..." I want to say but am interrupted.

"Mia, the night all this happened, I was ready to kill that bastard for what he did to you. But you called me and then of course I stayed with you" JJ goes through his hair.

"I didn't know that."

"Of course you didn't. But I'm not just going to let him get away with what he did to you. And I mean, it's not like that was the only time. He deserves more than what I did to him today" JJ takes my hand. "Fuck, I should've been the one to protect you from him."

There is silence for a while.

"Babe? Why were you even with him? Or how did you end up alone in the middle of the night? I've been wanting to ask you that all along." JJ says with a worried look.

"I...I wanted to go for a walk. I couldn't sleep, all I could think of was my dad." I say, tears coming to my eyes.

"Why didn't you wake me up? I could have been there for you. You know how dangerous it is to walk around alone at night looking as good as you do. I've told you many times not to do that" says JJ.

"I know JJ...I—I don't know why I didn't wake you up. I think I didn't want to get on your nerves or somethin'" I look down.
"And then Rafe came across. He said some things and I immediately walked away. But he followed me and finally ran after me...and..." I stutter but JJ takes me in his arms.

"Mia, you don't have to go on, everything is fine. But promise me not to go out alone again no matter what, okay?" Says JJ and looks me in the eyes.

"I promise" I say.

"I'm not going to let this son of a bitch come near you again. Never."