𝟸𝟹

WELL YOU DON'T

"Come here." Says JJ to me. We stand in front of the chateau.
"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say and turn around, looking at the water. After a few seconds, I turn back to JJ. "The more important question is are you okay?"

"Fuck, Mia, it doesn't matter how I am. I'm fine, I'm used to all this, okay? But the only thing that matters to me is how you are." He says seriously.

"Okay." I just mumble. Any other answer would have been pointless either way.

"I'm sorry. I should have stopped this." JJ looks down at my cheek and at my wrists, where I'm a little red because of Rafe.

"No, JJ. That's not your job, how could you have stopped it?" I say back.

"I don't know, but it's very much my job. i get you into all this shit, and you're still young and— and innocent and i have to protect you and-"

"Oh my god stop it!" I finally say.

"What?"

"I'm just a fucking year younger than you, JJ. Stop acting like I'm just a kid who can't take care of herself." I sigh turning back to the water.

"Stop with that attitude, I'm not going to stop protecting you!" He looks at me, upset. Then he takes a deep breath and looks at me. "Look I— Mia, look at me."

I turn to him and only then does he continue talking.

"I want you to stop seeing him."

I look at him, confused. What did he just say?

„He is more than 3 years older than you, what do you even want from him?" he continues

„Again the age thing?" I roll my eyes. „You can't tell me not to do anything, JJ."

"Yes I can, he's hurting you Mia!" he then says.

"He's my boyfriend." I reply, even though I don't really want to say something like that.

"And he's hurting you!"

"He's my boyfriend, JJ."

"But he hurts you!"

"So? You hurt me too, and yet here we are!"

JJ looks at me in shock for a moment. "Wow." He then says. "You're always going to bring that up, aren't you?"

I stay silent.

"Can't you see I'm trying everything I can to protect you? To make it better than the last time?" His voice gets louder.

"Yeah..." I laugh lightly. "Well, you don't."