𝟸𝟼

MIDSUMMERS

Today is Midsummer. John b and I have never actually gone to such events, because that is not our world. But, because I am Rafe's girlfriend, I kind of have to be his company. I hate parties like this. It's just not my world. Kiara lent me a dress to wear so I wouldn't look completely underdressed.
This is the dress I'm wearing. I know, very revealing, and I hate Kiara for that, but she said "I should show what I have".

—————————-

—————————-

"Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck these ourselves?" Kie asks Pope, who is standing at a grill, in an English accent. Pope turns around, annoyed, only to see us two girls.

"Cause it might mess up our costumes." I finish.

"We wouldn't want that now, would we?" Laughs Pope. "That accent was bad."

"Yeah it was. I was gonna let it go."

"Where's your company?" Asks Pope to me.

"I don't know. Over there with Topper, I think." I mumble. "You guys ever seen this many Kooks in one place?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, last year." Replies Pope.

"We're in the lion's den." Adds Kiara.

"Exactly."
"Hey, have you heard from JJ?" Pope asks anxiously.

"No. He'll be alright. He's got the survival instincts of a cockroach." Replies Kie.

"He's fine." I say.

"You saw him?" The two look shocked at me.

"Uh, no, no. I just assume he's fine." I lie. I don't necessarily want them to know I saw JJ.

"Wouldn't have surprised me after your goodbye kiss." Giggles Kiara.

And that's exactly why I don't want them to know. They would just make more comments like that.

"Please don't tell John b. It was an exception and-"

"Don't worry, we won't tell." Smiles Pope. "God, this shit's all my fault." He then sighs.

"Uh- you didn't do this, Pope. Topper almost killed you. Remember?" Mentions Kie as the Camerons come out of the house.
"Here come Lord Capital and the Exploiters."

"She's definitely gonna poke somebody's eye out with that." Notes Pope, referring to the thing, Rose wears on her head.

"Oh yeah, she will." I laugh.

---—————-

3rd person POV

"Ready?" Asks JJ John b.  It's dark by now, and the two of them have come here by boat.

"Can you believe this Midsummer shit, man?"

"Of course I can. Happens every year. No matter how screwed up the rest of us are." JJ shrugs. "So, like, what's the plan, exactly?"