𝟻𝟺

It's morning, we've gone by car to a place to hide, because my brother is wanted all over the island for a murder he didn't commit.

"Let's game this out." says JJ, turning to John b. "Maybe you guys can help, being, uh, the smart ones and all, but.... who are the cops going to believe? Ward Cameron or us?"

"Oh, man." i sigh.

"So the accuser is a bigshot developer, kind of lord of the island, got the governor on speed dial kind of person, and the accused is John b, who is.... pretty much a homeless 16-year-old boy at the moment." JJ continues.

"Thanks." mumbles my brother.

Actually, I don't have a home anymore either. Because if the cops are looking for John B, they'll be guarding the chateau, and that's been my home for the last few days.

"Okay, man." says JJ. "Yucatan, all right? I'm saying that's the only option. What other option do you have?"

"Enough with the Mexico bullshit, all right? Sarah's gonna bail me out." notes John b.

"She did witness the whole thing." agrees Kiara.

"And she's gonna snitch on her brother?" Pope looks over at Kie.

"Maybe I can talk to Rafe and-" I try to say but JJ interrupts me.

"hell, no." he says to me clearly and turns back to my brother. "It's not happening, bro. Okay? We've gotta get you off the island."

"the ferry. It's the only way." explains Pope.

"Yeah. Exit stage left while you still can, man. Okay? Before the entire island is on lockdown." JJ continues.

"Guys, get down." I say as I hear sirens.

Pope turns to John b. "Sarah's not a pogue, John b."

"Yeah. You can't stay here, man." agrees JJ.

------

We drive around the island to see what's going on. John b is lying in the car so no one can see him. Pope gets out of the car, and when he comes back, he holds up a paper.

"okay, all right, no." he shrugs.

"Pope, can you act normal?" sighs Kiara.

He walks around the car to the driver's seat and sits down. "so, um... okay, so, bad news. The ferry's closed, and there is this." he hands Kiara the sheet.

"What is that?" i ask her and she hands me the sheet.

"What is that? What is this? What is this?" asks John b" nervously.

"Shit, John b, this is a wanted poster of you, there's a reward, fuck." i mutter and hand the sheet to JJ.

He holds the sheet up so John b can see it. "Well, John b, uh... this is a good framer of you."

"Okay, so the whole island's lookin' for John b right now." explains Pope.

"That's a lot of money." Kie adds.

"Congratulations, John b." mutters JJ. "You're now famous."

"Guys, we got to get to the HMS. We need small, no running lights-"

"It's at the chateau, Kie." mumbles I.

"And I wonder if the cops got the entire place staked out. Let me think. Oh, yeah. No. They definitely have that place locked down." JJ remarks.

"Yeah, copy that."

"Let me think. Just give me a second." Pope says, then looks back at JJ with wide eyes. "JJ. Does your dad still have that boat? The cigarette boat, the Phantom. The one he used to race."

"maybe." he mumbles.

"You could get right up the coast, no problem."

"Pope, I don't know where the keys are-"

"Well, find them." says Pope as he starts the engine. "Why is nobody moving forward?" he says aloud.

"Can you relax?" says Kie.

"Babe, how much weed did you give him?" I ask with a sigh.

"Guys, the car's on the poster." whispers John b.

But then Pope presses the horn.

"Pope, stop it!" i say in a whisper.

But then we hear a little boy. "It's that guy right there!"

"Shit, we gotta snitch. Pope, turn the car on." says JJ to Pope.

A man walks up to us and knocks on the window. "He's right there!" he calls to the cop.

"Pope, turn the frickin' car on!" shouts Kiara nervously.

"Oh my god." i sigh.

"Pope!"

Pope gets the car started and hits another car.

"The other way, Pope!" yells Kiara as he then drives off.

"Sorry!" yells JJ to the back.

"Watch out! Pope, Pope! Watch out!" I yell as he hits a post.

He laughs. "I'm livin' my best life now."

"My mom's gonna kill me." mumbles Kiara, because it's still her car after all.

"I should be the last one to tell you that, but you are not okay to drive, dude. Stop!" yells JJ.

Pope stops the car. "John b get out."

"Yeah." i mutter.

"We'll draw the cops, you run." JJ declares. "I'll get the rig and I'll meet you in the dump tomorrow, okay? Three o'clock, okay?

"Yeah." says John b, gets out of the car, and runs away.