𝟶𝟸

S E E Y O U A G A I N

1 MONTH AGO

I am Emilia Routledge. I have been living in LA with a friend for a few years. My brother, John b lives in the Outer Banks. I used to live there too, but after my parents split up I moved away. And then the thing with my dad happened a few months ago, I didn't want to go back. And so I ended up here. I visited my brother about two months ago. But for the summer I promised my brother that I would move to the Outer Banks. So, here I am.

"JB?" I call out as I stand in front of the chateau. And there he comes running around the corner toward me. He takes me in his arms and lifts me up for a moment. "Emmi!"

"God, I missed you, little sister," he laughs.

"I missed you too...so how's life?" I ask curiously.

"Pretty good. I'm looking forward to summer with you. But the question is, what's life like in LA, you little movie star?" he nudges me lightly on the shoulder.

"It's okay. I've missed obx a lot, and dad..." i mumble. I still can't believe everything that has happened.

"By the way, we kind of have a roommate." Says my brother. I look at him confused. "You must remember him from seeing him. JJ, the blond one, my best friend."

"Right, I remember."

"You two already met a year or two ago, but still, heads up, he's an idiot." John b opens the door to the chateau and standing there I see the blond boy.

He's standing there with his red cap on his head, a white top and swimming shorts. He looks up at me. The last time we met was, well, a little different.

"Bro, you already know my sister, she's moving back here for a while." John b says and then goes into a room to put my stuff down. So there we are, JJ and I.

"Hey, Mia." He says. Still with that nickname? So he doesn't seem to have forgotten me.

"Hey." I mumble back.

"Man you've changed. Last time I saw you, you were still sweet little Mia." he laughs.

Sweet little Mia? What am I, a toddler?

"What's changed?" I ask.

"Well... I mean- -you look hot." He scratches the back of his head.

You guys have to know, I'm not exactly a typical girl. I'm not a girl who likes all the girly stuff. I'm more like the girl that walks around in shorts or sweatpants instead of a dress or skirt. Not that that's not a girly girl, but you know what I mean.

"Thanks...I guess." I stammer.

"Just speakin' facts." JJ winks at me with a smile on his lips and then walks into the kitchen.

All I can think to ask right now is: what the hell was that?