𝟸𝟸

DENY DENY DENY

"I'm so glad they're still doing this." Says Kiara we, except John b, walk to the Movie Theater. "Keep calm. Carry on. Back to OBX life, you know? Aren't you guys glad I made you come?"

"Estatic." replies Pope, not exactly enthusiastic.

"My couch was pretty comfortable, I'll be honest." Mumbles JJ afterwards.

"JJ shouldn't we go back?" I whisper to the blonde. I'm just so terrified because all the Kooks are here and JJ and Pope sank Topper's boat. This can't go well. And on top of that, I don't really feel like wanting to see my boyfriend right now.

"Relax sweetie, nothing's going to happen to you." JJ reassures.

"Yeah, it's not me I'm worried about."

"We're out of the green zone, man." says Pope to JJ.

"Dude, tranquilo, okay?" he mutters in response.

"We're in the middle of Kooklandia. This is the last place I wanna be." Pope puts his backpack on the floor.

"Shut up, Pope."

"I'm gonna go get drinks with Kie." I then say to JJ, who gives me a smile in response.

"Hey, uh... can I get two Pepsis, please?" asks Kiara to the man behind the counter. I look around tensely the whole time, knowing how my boyfriend will react when he sees Pope and JJ here. My hands are shaking and I bite my lips nervously when I see Rafe approaching us.

"Hey Kie." Rafe says, completely ignoring me, his girlfriend. "Hey, what's up? How are you?"

"I'm fine." replies Kiara, annoyed.

"Good, good. Um... Tell your boy that we know what he did" Kiara gives Rafe a confused look, and I get even more nervous.

"Sorry, what boy are you talking about?" questions Kiara.

"Uh, he'll know." Rafe nods. Kiara rolls her eyes and pulls me along as she walks. But Rafe pulls me back.
"Can I have a minute with my sweetie?"

Kiara looks over at me, exasperated and slightly worried.

"You go ahead. I'll—I'll be right there." I stutter, and Kiara continues walking. I really want her to stay but I don't want her to find out how Rafe treats me.

"Thought you weren't coming." Rafe raises his eyebrows.

"Kie talked me into it." I mutter.

"Oh, oh, Kie talked you into it. Funny, I couldn't talk you into it when I asked you to go to the movie theater with me." Rafe laughs and his slightly aggressive laugh gives me goosebumps. But the kind of goosebumps you get when you're scared.

"Yeah but-"

"And now you're sitting here with the fucking Pogues, laughing and having fun."

"Don't talk about them like that." I say, already regretting it.

"Why, because they're your friends?" Rafe smiles briefly and looks at the Pogues, then back at me with a serious look.
"I'm your boyfriend, Emilia, I'll talk to you any way I want." he grabs my wrist and pulls me a little closer.

Meanwhile, JJ notices and gets up as fast as he can, but Pope holds him back. "Come down here."

"He's hurting her!" extends JJ.

"JJ sit down, he's not hurting her, okay?" says Kiara and JJ sits back down, not taking his eyes off of either of us.

"Your sweet friends will get what they deserve, babe." he says and walks away. I then run as fast as I can back to the others and sit down next to JJ, who then takes my hand.