𝟹𝟿

N E V E R S C A R E D

3rd person POV

"Where is Emilia all this time?" Asks John b as he sits down on the sofa on the porch.

"She's with Rafe." Mumbles JJ.

"What? And you let her go?" Says Pope in shock.

"Rafe is her boyfriend. What am I supposed to do?" Defends JJ. He is right at that point. But he hates to even think about this. He wants her to be his.

"He's right, Pope. She did decide to be with Rafe, so." Says John b, shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh, hey, speak of the devil." JJ looks at his cell phone, which has a picture of Emilia calling him right now. JJ takes a few steps away from the others, and answers it.
"Hey, Mia."

"JJ?" Murmurs the girl, and JJ immediately realizes what's going on.

"Are you drunk?"

"Maybe... a liiiiiittle bit." She laughs, in a drunken voice. "Can you pick me up, JJ?"

"Umm... yeah, yeah of-"

"Pleaseee-"

"Yeah." Chuckles JJ. "Be right there." JJ hangs up and grabs the keys to the bus.

"What are you doing?" Asks John b.

"Gotta go pick up Emilia. Be right back."

"Wait why did she ask you? JJ?" Asks John b but JJ has already gotten on the bus and left.
He's just too scared for her. He didn't even know alcohol was involved, he thought she was just going to visit her boyfriend.

When JJ arrives, he already sees Emilia sitting in front of the house, on the stairs. "Hey... JJ" she murmurs with a smile.

1st person POV

"Mia, you didn't tell me you were going to a party?!" JJ helps me to my feet and looks at me, confused.

"Yeah, well, I guess I left out a few details. Buuuut, I told you I was going to Rafe's." I say with a drunken giggle, taking a sip of tequila from the bottle I'm holding.

We stop in front of the bus.

"Better yet, you left out the most important detail. Why did you want me to pick you up, did something happen?" JJ asks worriedly.

I look down at the floor for a moment, then back up at JJ.

"Naaah, nothing... everything as usual..." I take another sip from the bottle, knowing it's hard for me to talk about this.

"What do you mean "as usual" ?" JJ looks worriedly into my eyes, which are completely red because I've been smoking weed.

"Well, you know. Just - just Rafe and all that shit." My drunken voice breaks a little as I say the sentence, and I take another sip of tequila.

"What shit? Mia, don't tell me he has-"

"Everything's the same, JJ. Do... don't worry." I try to reassure him, but the blonde just notices the pain in my voice, even when I'm drunk. He pulls up my top without asking....

"Hey, JJ!" I slap his hand away.

...to see several new bruises and wounds. Completely over my stomach and hips.

"Mia!... That fucking bastard, I'm gonna-"

"JJ, that was-"

"No it's enough, Mia! I'm not discussing this, look what he did to your body!" Shouts JJ to me. He takes a deep breath to then face me again.
"Where is he?"

"I don't know, JJ, he-"

"WHERE IS HE?" JJ asks again.

I get a little scared of JJ for a moment. "Out back, with the others." I then mumble.

JJ doesn't hesitate and immediately rushes over to see Rafe on the dance floor. He gets closer as Rafe then notices him.

"Ooooh! The Maybank boy is here." Laughs Rafe, and then sees me running after JJ, but I stop a few feet away. "Babe, what—what are you doing with this Pogue?"

"You fucking son of a bitch!" JJ knocks his cup out of the boy's hand and punches him in the face.

Rafe smiles as he stands back up "Whoa, man! Aggressive on the road today?"

But JJ doesn't listen to him and keeps punching and kicking the boy. Rafe fights back, of course, being the kind of guy he is, he never misses a fight.

"JJ!" I shout, not knowing what to do. I only know that JJ will kill my boyfriend without hesitation, and Rafe would do the same.

The two continue to fight, and a crowd has formed around the two, until, Sarah Cameron puts herself between her brother and JJ.

"Stop it now!" She yells. "Rafe, this is your own party, what is wrong with you? Now break it up!"

The two boys walk apart. But then Rafe asks me something. "Babe, where have you been the last few nights?" He asks out of nowhere. I, drunk as I am, stagger out of the crowd a bit, but don't know what to say.

"Babe" JJ chuckles, shaking his head.

"At—at Kiara's." I then mumble.

"Kiara was here, with Sarah, don't lie to me! Where you with him? That fucking Pogue?" Shouts Rafe. JJ stands in front of me the whole time, ready to keep fighting when Rafe touches me.

"I-I was at home..." I then stammer.

"With who?"

"She doesn't have to tell you anything, brother." Says JJ between them.

"With my brother."

"And you're being honest right now?"

"Yeah."

"Good, 'cause if you're not, it's gonna be uncomfortable for you." Threatens Rafe, in front of all those guys.

That's when JJ can't stand listening to this guy anymore, and decides to say something he's wanted to say for a long time.

"You really think she'd stay true? I doubt it." Rafe looks confused at the blond. JJ looks around, glances briefly at me, then back at Rafe with a smile.  "Cause I'm fucking your girlfriend and there's nothing you can do about it."