𝟺𝟿

JJ brought Kie and Pope home, and we are now standing in front of the chateau.

"do you want me to come with you?" he asks me.

"No, it's okay. I'll be fine. Just wait inside, I'll be right there." I say and JJ gives me a quick kiss on the forehead before going inside.

I walk to the dock to see my brother there. I knew he was here. If what he said is true, and our dad is dead, then it was clear that he was coming here.

I go to him and sit down next to him.

"Hey you," I say.

He turns around and smiles at me, tears in his eyes. "Emmi. Thank god you're here."

"what-what was that all about? What happened between you and Ward?" I look at my brother, who is obviously having a hard time talking about it.

"He-he and our dad, they were going to find the Merchant together. They were on the boat and- and they had a fight. Because Ward wanted a lot more of the money than was ultimately agreed upon. That's when he pushed him to the ground.His head hit a sharp piece of metal and he was bleeding to death." He takes a deep breath.

Tears come to my eyes.

"-but instead of, instead of calling the fucking police, or the ambulance, the coast guard, whoever..... he just threw him into the ocean." sobs john b.

I have tears running down my whole face. "Please don't do anything stupid." i cry.

My heart hurts hearing what happened to my dad. But more than that, I'm worried about my brother.

"I won't," he says and takes me in his arms.

John B picks up a photo of our dad that he has placed on some branches with which he has formed a nest. There is a small candle on it. He lights it and puts it in the water.

I have never felt so much pain in my life. And I think I can speak for both of us. For a few minutes I just lean in my brother's arms. But then he stands up.

"Are you here alone?"

"No, no JJ... drove me here," I say uncertainly.

"can you give us a minute?" he then asks.

"Yeah, yeah sure." i stutter and walk to the chateau to get JJ.

-----

"Hey man." says John b to his friend.

"what's up man." JJ looks at the floor for a second, then back at his friend. "bro, i'm sorry about all that with your dad, honest."

"Thanks, man." there's a moment of silence. "Look, JJ, I'm sorry for the way I reacted. About you and Emilia. I just wasn't thrilled with the idea of you dating my sister after what you said back there."

"I can imagine. And I can tell you, that was the stupidest thing I've ever done. I left her alone. But since then, I want to do better. She and Rafe aren't together anymore. He was abusing her, did you know that?" answers JJ.

"He what?" John b looks shocked at the blonde.

"Yeah. All over her stomach and hips she had bruises."

"I'll kill--"

"I already told him what's what. I just wanted you to know." JJ looks to the side for a moment. "Look, I'm in love with her. And I mean that. And you'll just have to take my word for that, because you know me. I've never been in love, never had feelings like that for anyone. And I don't usually talk about my feelings with anyone either, like right now. But it's the truth. Believe me."

"I believe you, JJ. She seems happy with you. But please don't lie to me anymore. And I'm telling you, dude, if you hurt her-"

"I won't."