𝟻𝟻

"Hey baby." JJ comes up to me with a smile. We stopped for a moment and I sit on a rock on the side of the road.

"Hey" I smile.

All I can think right now is please don't talk about earlier.

"I'm sorry about earlier." he then says.

Figures.

"what exactly?" i ask. I know it's stupid, because I know what he's talking about.

"What I said...was inappropriate, I agree." he chuckles.

"Yeah." i giggle. "I'm sorry, better said."

"What?"

"Yeah, I reacted stupidly." I shrug and stand up.

"What do you mean?" he gives me a confused, hopeful look.

"I mean... I love you, JJ." i smile.

His eyes widen and a smile appears on his lips. "You what? I didn't hear it right could you repeat that please?"

"I love you, you idiot!" I yell with a laugh.

JJ laughs and puts his arms around my waist. "I love you, Mia."

Then he gives me a loving kiss. I enjoy every single second of it, knowing that our lives are chaotic as hell right now, and we don't often have time together. Even if it's just for a short moment.

"I'm so glad to have you with everything that's going on," I say honestly.

"Yeah." he smiles. "Me too."

I don't know why it was so hard for me to say it. I know or knew that I love him. It was probably just so new for me to hear him say it, or to say it myself.

————

"Pope, you clocked that car, man. Like, that was so bad!" laughs JJ from behind. We're still in the car, Pope is driving, completely stoned. It's already dark, which makes it even more dangerous.

"I'm just glad I'm not driving now." Pope looks behind and takes a hit from the joint. JJ just laughs in response.

I'm always up for fun, but this ain't Pope. And it's really dangerous right now.

I look at JJ who is laughing all the time and give him a light slap on the back of the head. "Stop it."

"Ouch!" he says. "tranquilo, baby."

"Pull over!" I then hear Kiara say from the front. She gets out of the car. "JJ, it's not funny. He shouldn't be driving."

"Mama's mad." JJ smiles.

" Shut up!" I say with a slight smile.

Kiara gets in the driver's seat and starts the engine.

JJ looks ahead, with his joint in his hand. "Where are we goin'?"

Kie turns around. "The last place they're gonna look."

-----

"You sure this is a good idea?" asks JJ Kiara, who has just parked the car in front of the Camerons' house.

"She's the only one who can clear John b." says Kiara, climbing over the wall with Pope.

"Last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." sighs JJ. He looks over at me. He and I wait in the car.

"All this shit... I can't believe everything that's happened in the last few hours." I put my hands on my knees and go through my hair.

"Nobody can." mumbles JJ.

I look to him. "I should talk to Rafe. Maybe I can talk some sense into him and-"

"No, Mia, we've already talked about that."

"Yeah, is it because you don't trust me or what?"

He looks at me in shock for a second. "Yes, of course I trust you, it's just he's your ex boyfriend and-- can we just not talk about it right now? I'm glad to even have you and I really don't want to fight with you right now."

"Yeah." I smile. "I love you, J."

He smiles back at me. "I love you, babe."