𝟺𝟽

"How's it feeling?" asks Pope. He looks up at Kiara, who's sitting in a kind of barrel we've attached to the tree so she can get the gold out of the well, too.

"Feels good."

"John b pullin' a Houdini." says JJ, putting his beer on the shelf of the hot tub he's sitting in with me.

"Yeah, where is he?" asks Pope. "I got my scholarship interview tomorrow morning. We gotta get this done!"

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" says JJ to John b, who is walking toward the chateau. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

JJ and I haven't seen John b since last night. Therefore, JJ somehow tries to make everything up to him. But that doesn't seem to work.

"No, he did not. I did that." Pope corrects JJ.

But John b walks straight into the chateau without saying a word.

"Okay, that's it?" mumbles JJ.

"Uh... what's that all about?" Pope looks at JJ.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." replies JJ.

"Do you think he's still mad at us? Do you think it's because of that?" i mutter to JJ.

" Mad? About what?" Kiara gives us a confused look.

"Different topic." says JJ and we go into the chateau to check on john b.

We come in to John B, storming through the chateau and searching the closets in a huff.

"You all right, man? What-what's up?" asks Pope, confused.

"What are you looking for?" adds Kiara.

"Bro, what's going on, man?" asks JJ as John b then looks under couch. He picks up the gun.

And then, then couldn't stay still. "John b what are you doing?"

"John b, what do you need the gun for?" asks JJ seriously, coming closer to him. "Talk to us!" yells JJ as he is thrown onto the sofa by John b.

"John b, chill!" yells Kiara.

"JJ, are you okay?" i ask nervously. He nods in response.

"What, are you JJ now?" asks Pope but is interrupted by John b, who also pushes him away.

"John b, what the hell are you doing?" screams kiara running out of the chateau.

JJ gets up from the sofa, puts on his cap, and we follow.

We come out and see john b on jj's motorcycle.

"John b, don't fuck around!" i yell to my brother.

"Ward knows about the gold!" John b turns to the others. "He killed our dad."

After saying that, he drives away. "John b!" screams Kiara and runs after him. Pope follows her.

"Shit!" yells JJ. He looks back at me, standing there completely confused.

"What did he just say?" I ask. "Ward killed my dad?"

"Mia, I don't think he knew what he was saying himself." JJ comes closer and covers up to reassure me.

"why would he make something like that up?" i look wide-eyed at my brother.