Chapter Three: Sexy Pirate

Penn Benson

After about six more shots, I felt invincible!

And like spinning.

I twirled in my barstool as I laughed. "Thank you so, so, so, so, so, so much, DES!!" I tried to grab onto her third arm but ended up touching her second one. "Boop!" I touched her nose and took another shot.

Des laughed before saying, "I think maybe you should slow down a bit, Petite."

"Non!" I told her before twirling again. "Des!" I whisper-yelled to her. "What's a soul look like?"

Des's face looked super-duper surprised. "You really want to know?"

"MHMM!!" I nodded my head up and down like I was a yo-yo.

"Well..." She started. "It's like—"

I was about to try and grab my next shot while I spun when I noticed someone looking in our direction. "Ooh, Des, he's looking at you." I waggled my eyebrows at her.

"Who's looking at me, cherie?" My roommate gave me a playful smirk before taking another shot of tequila.

"The wounded soul with eyes that make a girl's heartbeat-beat-beat." I fanned myself before pointing in the sexy man's directions. There were six of him. What is that in twin terms? "Ooh. Is it hot in here or is it just him?"

Des turned on the charm as she spun around to stare at her secret admirer. She has a lot of those, and they send over lots and lots of delicious things. This one was well built with bronze skin and brown curly hair that landed around his shoulders; a beautifully chiseled face with light green eyes that seemed to glow starlight; and a well-maintained circle beard that quickly drew your attention to his full lips.

He looks like a pirate! OOH!! A sexy pirate!!

But instead of this look of excitement I was expecting, her whole body tensed and a glare that I have only ever seen her use once—when she was talking to someone from New Orleans—appeared with the force of a full militia group. It almost succeeded in sobering me up.

Time for another shot!

"Another!" I demanded happily from the bartender.

He smirked at me, and I think I winked at him. It felt like I winked at him.

I downed what the bartender served me. Before I knew it, starlight man was next to me and talking to my bestie.

"Des, we—"

"Stop." Des's voice was mean. Like, I-hate-you mean. "I know what you're going to say, and I don't want to talk to you. Leave. You'll ruin the night."

"Well, aren't you yummy." I looked him up and down before looking at Des.

She seemed confused, but I don't know why.

  "You don't want to hit that?" I half-whispered to her. "'Cause, you should." I twirled and took Des's shot.

She wasn't drinking it.

"You must be—" Sexy pirate started.

"Do not address her." Des stepped in front of me, and I hugged her back.

"I love you, Dessie-wessie!"

"Oh, Penn," I couldn't see her face, but I felt her turn in my arms. "It's time to go."

I pouted as I stared at starlight-pirate-dude. "I don't wanna." I folded my arms. "Why'd you m-ma-make a mess, pirate man? Like, we were all good and stuff." A hiccup came out of nowhere and I jumped in my seat. "Oh, that was from me!"

I laughed and spun back towards the bar.

I gasped. "This place is magic, Des! I was thinking of a drink and it just popped up behind me!"

"Alright, you're done." Des told me sternly.

I took the drink and downed it before she could take it away from me. "Ha!"

Pirate man said something to Des and her face got madder.

"Consider us even after this then. Give me some space. I need to get her home."

He nodded and walked like twenty miles away.

"Des, how'd he get that far so fast?"

"Hi," She smiled at the bartender as she put her phone to her ear. "Can you close my tab please? We're done."

I frowned as the bartender handed us a piece of paper instead of another glass. "No more magic bar."

"Hey, I'm sorry to ask such a thing, but can you come down to Gwen's and pick Penn up? Something's come up for me, and I don't want to leave her alone." She paused and I twirled and twirled in my seat until all the colors blended together. "Thank you. See you soon."

"Is someone else coming to my b-day par-tay?" I shimmied as I spoke. It was fun to shimmy.

"Yes, Petite. Jack is coming to pick you up. Unfortunately, I have to go somewhere with the pirate man."

"Jack?" I smiled. "Awesome! I have words for him."

Des seemed both concerned and amused as she shook her head.

After a few minutes, Jack appeared in front of me.

"Ohmygosh! You're magic too!" I cheered and got up. But when I did, the world shook. I stopped hard; my arms spread wide. "Did you feel that? We just had an earthquake. Under the table! It's an earthquake!"

I tried to crawl under the bar, but Des and Jack each grabbed one of my arms.

"Oh... the earthquake stopped."

"I see why you called now." Jack laughed.

His laugh was nice.

"Take her home please?" Des asked.

"Nooo!!" I pulled my arm out of her grip, but I was using Tempest strength or something because it landed on Jack's shoulder. I looked up as he held me. "Why, hello... You smell yummy."

"It's time to go, Penn." He smiled down at me.

"Ok." I whispered as I grinned. "But only if you give me a piggyback ride."

He smirked as he nodded. It was like, the slowest nod EVER! "You got it, birthday girl."

I gasped again as I bounced, but not too hard. I didn't want to hit the ceiling. "You know my birthday! Yay!" I jumped on Jack's back and waved at the bestest friend anyone has ever had ever. "Bye, Des! Use protection!!" I whispered.

She waved back at me before I was carried away.