Capture

A few days later

Mikey's pov

Living here was fun. I liked everyone, they were super chill and fun to be around. I also loved helping to take care of the girls, I feel like I'm getting a good in depth practice. I learned how to braid hair! Jess and Kate taught me with their barbie dolls. Its really not hard I was surprised. The little auction is the day after tomorrow and honestly I'm super nervous. Thankfully I don't have to worry about my mom for the time being- my older brother was back at home taking care of her for awhile. He got furloughed because of the pandemic so he's got the time anyway. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts by the harsh sound of the girls running around the house shrieking and laughing. I have no idea what they're playing but it looks like fun.

Mason came in from a workout, looking quite shiny and damp. Jessie ran by him and he ruffled her hair but she didn't even pause. He laughed, meeting eyes with me, then headed upstairs to shower.

I was scrolling through twitter, exhaling air through my nose as a form of laughter, and Chad came from some random location in the house. He bent over the back of the couch, his eyes scanning the room.

"Hey man, where are the girls and Mace? I think it's time we sat them down and told them about the possibility of you getting a little." Just as he finished, Jessie and Katie came tearing through the room again, still being noisey. This time Charlie was trailing them, tail wagging excitedly.

"Girls it-" loud laughter, they couldn't hear him. "Girls." he tried again, but they were too absorbed in what they were doing.

"GIRLS" he finally said in his deep commanding voice. They immediately stopped and stood at attention, trying not to giggle.

"It's time for a chat. Jessie can you go find your daddy?" 

She nodded and ran upstairs and into their room. Katie walked around and sat on the couch, Charlie jumping up next to her and settling his head in her lap. She was catching her breath and petting him.

"Daddy," she started, "what's this meeting about? Is it gonna be boring?? I don't like boring meetings so if it's boring let's not have it." She pouted before even receiving an answer.

Chad glanced at me, then back at her. 

"You'll find out, okay sweetie?" She nodded.

Just then I felt a strange feeling. I tried to brush it off but I couldn't help but feel anxious about something. I've never really felt like this...then it dawned on me. The reality of getting a little was setting in. What if she didn't like me? What if she didn't like J&K? What if they all fought? What if-

The sound of Jessie bounding down the stairs, Mason following suit as he pulled a t-shirt over his head, interrupted my panicked thoughts. Everyone took a seat, even Sierra wandered in from somewhere. Once they were all settled, Chad and Mason looked at me in expectation. Jessie was sucking her thumb, a habit we were trying to break. They could probably tell I was nervous as hell. I stood up, taking a deep breath.

"Okay. Well girls...uhm.. On Friday, both of your *nervous cough* daddies agreed to take me to the Little Auction to try and find a little of my own." I held my breath in anticipation.

Their 2 precious faces were blank for a moment as they processed what I said, what that meant. Jessie was the first to speak.

"Sche go' wive hewe? Wif ush?" Mason pulled her thumb out of her mouth.

"Try again princess" he said softly.

"She gonna live wif us?"

I nodded. "If it's okay with Chad and Mason, yes. And you two, of course."