Monday

[Jessies's rules are pictured above for reference later in the chapter.]

Jessies's pov
I woke up slowly. Kept my eyes closed for a few minutes. I wasn't ready for the world yet. Unfortunately that was cut short by daddy coming in.

"Good morning princess" he said, stroking my face. "It's time to wake up." I whined a bit but let him pick me up. I looked at him and he chuckled.

"What?"

"Nothing baby. Your morning face is cute." I blushed at his words and buried my face in his neck.

"How'd you sleep princess?" He looked at me, raising his eyebrows. I shrugged and laid on his shoulder, trying to get more rest. He laid me down again, but this time on a changing table. He changed me into a fresh diaper, but noticed I hadn't used the old one.

"Baby, you gotta use your diaper." I nodded, not wanting to fight him.

He picked me up and my body jostled a bit as he went down the stairs. He placed me in my highchair, and there was a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me. I shoved it away as he brought over my sippy.

"No!! I want candy!!!" I whined, half yelling. He gave me a stern look.

"Princess, you can't have candy for breakfast. You need something healthy and filling." I looked at him for a moment, and he looked at me. It was like a staredown. Finally, I gave up. He smirked, thinking he won.

So I picked up my fork and threw it as hard as I could. It hit the tile with a satisfying *CLING CLANG* and slid into the wall. I picked up the knife to throw it next, but daddy caught my wrist. His eyes were dark.

"Don't. Even. Think about it." He spoke very quietly, almost freakily. He took the knife from me and put it down on the counter roughly. He picked me up and put me in the corner without a word, before laying on the couch. After 2 minutes (though it felt like 2 hours), I started to think he forgot about me. The house was also eerily quiet. I wondered if he fell asleep.

I opened my mouth to speak but he spoke first.

"Jessie." He started. He sounded really mad. "You will stand in that corner until I say otherwise. You will think about what rules you just broke and why you are in timeout. When I say you are done, you are to pick up the fork, put it where it belongs, and come and apologize to me. Then you are going to sit down and eat your breakfast. Do I make myself clear?"

"But-"

"DO I make. Myself. Clear."

"Yes daddy."

I stood in the corner for ages. I was thinking about what I had done wrong. Finally daddy spoke.

"You're done." He still sounded mad. I ran and picked up the fork, then went and put it in the sink. I nervously pulled my hands inside my long sleeves and walked over to daddy, chewing the skin on my finger. He opened his eyes and looked at me. They were still dark.

I looked down at my feet and began mumbling. He interrupted, pulling my finger out of my mouth.

"Speak clearly." I lifted my head a little and looked anywhere but in his eyes. He snapped and pointed to his face.

"Look at me." He stated in a voice that left no room for debate. I reluctantly looked him in the eyes and began to speak.

"I-im sorry daddy. I broke rules 2, 3 and 4. I didn't eat anything off my plate, I was super disrespectful and disobedient. I also said no to you." He nodded at me and sat up.

"Are you going to do it again?" I shook my head. "Words little girl." He was starting to seem less upset.

"No sir. I won't."