Sunday Morning

Mason's pov
I woke up to my phone buzzing. I looked at Jessie, still asleep in my arms. The tv was still on, playing some Spanish cooking show.

I looked at my phone to see Chad calling. I picked it up and whispered.

"Hey Chad"

"Hey man! Can we come over at 1?" He said over the phone, sounding a bit tired.

I looked at my watch. 10:30. "Sounds good man. See you then."

The line went dead. I carefully got up, making sure not to wake the princess. I went upstairs and brushed my teeth, thinking about breakfast. Then I put on some clothes and went downstairs to cook.

Jessies's pov
My rumbling tummy woke me up. I yawned, and only then did I realize I was sucking on my paci when it fell out.  I stretched, letting the blanket slip off me. Then I smelled something. It smelled so...so good!! My tummy rumbled. I looked over to the kitchen to see daddy adding another to a stack of pancakes.

I walked over to the kitchen, watching as he poured more batter onto the hot skillet. He was wearing sweatpants that made his daddy butt look good, and a muscle tee. His hair was still messy from sleep. I couldnt help but admire how handsome he looked like this. He was so laid back and easy going.

I walked over to him and hugged him from behind, barely able to wrap my arms around his body. "Good morning princess" he brought my hand up to his face, kissing it softly and stroking my skin with his thumb.

"Goo mornin daddy" I smiled and looked at him, my hair getting in my face. He pulled me around to face him, and held my face in his hands, tucking my hair behind my ears. He kissed my forehead, then my nose, then my lips, ever so softly, as if he was afraid I would break. He pulled away and looked into my eyes, and I felt my face go red.

He chuckled and ruffled my hair, then flipped his pancake. "Go use the bathroom baby. Chad and Katie are coming at 1. You need to eat and this house is a mess so we're gonna do some cleaning up."

"I don wanna clean" I whined in protest. He pulled out his phone-

"I guess I should tell them not to come yeah? We won't have guests over to a dirty house."

What he said made sense. But he didn't have to know that. "Fine but I not gonna do it till after breakfast." I stated, feeling smart and sassy. I turned go brush my teeth, feeling a slight sting on my butt. I turned and looked at my daddy, but he pretended to be minding my own business.

As I went upstairs, I couldn't help but wonder what Katie would be like. Was she funny? Did she like Disney? What if she was mean? I started to get worried.

When I finished brushing my teeth I went into my room. Daddy was right. It was a mess. I started cleaning, getting lost in thought. It wasnt until he knocked on the door that I was pulled back to reality.

"You okay sweetheart? I called you quite a few times. Breakfast is ready." He waited until I stood up before turning around and going back downstairs. I followed him down.

I was greeted by chocolate chip pancakes on a princess plate, with water in a sippy cup.
"Let me feed you baby" he said, sending me deeper into my little space. I was climbing into my seat when he jumped up. "Wait!" I froze.

He ran to the garage and after a couple moments came back with a high chair. I eyed it as he wheeled it over to the table. He noticed the way I was looking at it.

"Just try it a couple times little one. If you don't like it I won't force you." I nodded and he lifted me up, carefully placing me inside. "drizzle or dip?" I cocked my head at him. "Your pancakes"

"Ohh. Dippy dip" he poured a small pool of syrup onto a section of the plate and cut a bite. He dipped it and held it up to my mouth. I happily ate it, doing my happy food dance.

He fed me for a few minutes, having me drink water between bites. I was almost done when I began to feel full.

"Just a couple more bites baby doll."

I liked that name. I ate the last 2 and finished my water, then I beamed proudly.

"Such a good girl!!" He praised me. He looked at his watch. "Alright baby. They'll be here in an hour. Let's get you and this house cleaned up yeah?" I nodded.

We went upstairs and he wiped my face with a damp cloth. Then he laid me on a changing table. This was new. He pulled out a diaper and a tube. I looked at him, about to protest.

"It's just a precaution and a test little princess. I have a feeling you're not gonna wanna stop playing to use the bathroom. Also I want to see how you do with it."

I nodded and let him put it on. It was a bit uncomfortable but I think I could get used to it. He changed me into play clothes (pictured above) and told me to finish cleaning my room. He went downstairs.

It didn't take me long to finish cleaning my room. I picked up the last stuffy and put it in my bed.

Just then daddy walked in and picked me up.

"Hey Angel. We have a couple visitors."