Shopping!

Jessie's pov
I squealed, kicking my feet in my car seat as I saw the huuuge mall we were pulling into. I had only been to a mall a handful of times, and it was nowhere near this big. Daddy parked and came around to unbuckle me.

"Daddy this place is huge!!!" He froze for a minute and looked at me before picking me up. I wonder what that was all about? Huh. I couldn't wait to see inside hehehe.

Mason's pov
Jessie shocked me. She called me daddy. And I don't even think she realized. I smiled to myself, grabbing her small backpack that held her paci, and sippy cup. This is day is going great so far.

I put Jessie down and crouched down so I was eye to eye with her, giving her a stern look.

"Now what's Rule #1 Jessie?"

She looked at the ground thinking for a moment before looking back at me. "No running off without daddy."

"That's right. Ever." I kissed her cheek and grabbed her hand as I stood up. "Ready?" She nodded excitedly and we began walking towards the mall. She was looking around and I waited for her to realize.

"OMG" she said loudly "it's a CG/L MALL!!!!" I laughed, confirming that it was. We walked through the automatic double doors, and we're immediately surrounded by every color imaginable. All the stores were bright and cheery, attracting littles of all kinds. I looked down at my baby, and she was gaping in shock. She's adorable.

Jessies's pov
This mall was INCREDIBLE!! I didn't know which store to go in first. Then I saw It's Candy and I immediately started tugging daddy's hand there. Any store with candy in the name was where I needed to be!

Pulling him with one arm wasn't working so I turned around and used both hands, using all my might. He was barely moving.

"Daaaaddyyyyy the caaaandy!!" Something flashed across his face before he pulled me to him, quite easily. I huffed. I was so weak compared to him I thought to myself, chuckling a bit.

He looked down at me "Baby we can go there before we leave ok?" I pouted, not liking that answer.

"I wanna go nowww 🥺 pretty please"

He sighed and thought about it. I held my breath, hoping he'd say yes.

"Alright I'll make you a deal," he started. "We'll shop a bit, grab some lunch, go to the candy store, then shop a bit more and go home. How's that sound princess?"

I pondered his offer then decided to go with it since I get to go to the candy store sooner. I nodded and he led me away to the first store.

I was so busy in my thoughts thinking about the candy store I didn't realize we walked into the Disney store!!! I gasped and I didn't know where to look.

Mason's pov
I held my baby's hand, waiting for her to realize where we were. She finally did, and her face lit up. She was so beautiful I wanted to just kiss her endlessly. She really seemed to be warming up to me. I let go of her hand and rubbed her cheek.

"Hey baby?" She looked up at me. "You can pick 3 things from this store. Anything you want, understand?" She gasped and nodded.

"Now I'm going to sit right here by the door. When you're ready you come and get me, yeah?" She nodded again, barely able to contain her excitement. "Alright, go on." I watched as she skipped away.

I pulled out my phone and clicked Chad's name on the speed dial menu. He picked up on the second ring.

"Hey what's up Mace?"

"Hey Chad! Jessie is really warming up to me! She started calling me daddy today!!!" I could hardly hide the excitement in my voice.

"That's great!! Does that mean we're coming over soon? Katie won't stop bugging me about it" he laughed

"Yeah, can you guys come over in a week? Next Saturday?"

"Damn man that's so far away. I don't know how much longer I can- I know Katie I know I'm coming- is there any way we can come over tomorrow? Honestly we're both excited."

I mulled it over, keeping an eye on Jessie and each person who entered the store.

"Lemme text you in an hour Chad. I gotta talk to Jess make sure she's okay with it."

"Alright man take it easy"

"You too" he hung up and I slipped my phone in my pocket. I kinda wanted more time with my princess before she met new people. I was afraid she'd close off again.