The Aftermath, Part 2

Chad's pov

This nightmare just doesn't end. Every time things seem to be healing, another slice with the knife. Mason walked in, but I couldn't look at him. I was seething. I needed to go hit something. Or someone.

He stood there with his arms crossed, knowing better than to ask me anything before I was ready. My phone buzzed with the text I was waiting for. I read it and slid the phone to him, wanting to break something. He read it and looked back at me. "Fuck."

I stood up straight to go talk to Katie, but he stepped in front of me.

"There's no way I'm letting you near anyone else right now. You're too worked up. Go for a jog or something."

I wanted to protest, but I knew he was right. I could easily say something I don't mean. Or worse.

"Want me to talk to Katie for you?" I shook my head no and went out to the garage, putting on boxing gloves while eyeing my punching bag. One of my men walked in a few seconds later, and got behind the bag to hold it in position. I looked at him, and I could feel my eyes were dark. I threw my first punch at the bag and it felt good.

Mason's pov

That fucker gave Katie an STD. She was gonna need treatment for a few weeks. Speaking of treatment, it was time for Jessie to take her antibiotics. I grabbed the bottles from the highest shelf in the cabinet and shook out the appropriate dosage of each. Then I grabbed 2 chocolate chip cookies and a glass of water, then went back out to the sofa. Mike was sitting on the couch now, watching Planet Earth. Jessie was done eating, though she only hate half of her wrap. Rose was almost done. I sat next to my girl.

"Hey Jess, it's time for your meds again." She frowned and scooted away. She could move easier now, which was good.

I scooted closer to her, and now there was no more space on her other side. She was sandwiched between Mike and I.

"I'm proud of how much you ate. I brought you a cookie, but you can only have it if you take your meds." I said as I gave one of the cookies to Rose. She was about to chomp into it, but Mike gave her a look. She put the cookie down and picked up her wrap, taking another bite.

Jessie sighed and sat up and took the water and the pills from me. She put one in her mouth and swallowed it with water, trying not to cringe. Then she put the 2 smaller ones and repeated the same process, then did it one last time with the biggest one. She finished off the water and scowled at me. I kissed her cheek and handed her the cookie.

"Atta girl." I pulled her onto my lap, watching as Rose took the last bite of her wrap. She finished off her juice and looked at Mike.

"Go ahead baby. Good girl." She smiled and picked up the cookie happily. 

After about 20 minutes, Chad came back in. He looked less angry, but didn't look at anyone or say anything as he went to take a shower. His shirt was soaked through and his hair was dripping with sweat.

Mike arched an eyebrow at me, glancing at the now sleeping Rose in his lap.

"Is he okay?" Jessie asked worried. She could tell something was up. I looked at Mike and decided she could handle it.

"He's worried about Katie. Mr. J hurt her too, and if she doesn't get treated she'll get really sick. But her treatment isn't as easy as yours, she has to go to a doctor's office and see someone for hers. And it's probably going to hurt." I could see the fear in her eyes.

"She'll be okay, she's brave, just like you. And her daddy will be there to help her." I looked at Mike again, and I could tell he understood what I didn't say. He looked pissed too. We went back to watching the movie, which was almost over. Thank god Jessie's blood test came back clear. I didn't want her to have to go through anything else.