Clues

Masons pov

I got to the mall and met up with Chad. I was trying to keep my head on straight. 

"What do we know?" I asked him, barely keeping from losing my shit. 

"Katie's necklace was discarded. No sign of their earrings or Jessie's necklace around here, but the tracking signal stops at 44th and Lakehill. We have no idea how they were taken, some of my guys are with mall security viewing the tapes. The rest of my guys, save for the couple who stayed at the house, are combing the streets. We're gonna find them. We have to." His voice cracked at the end.

I remembered that Jessie wasn't the only one missing. They took Katie too. I hugged Chad and repeated his words to him. 

"We're gonna find them. Let's head to 44th and Lakehill."

We got in the car and followed the map.

It led us to a convenient store that looked mostly abandoned, except for one car, and the open sign blinking in the window. We walked to some grass nearby, and the map said we arrived. Looking around, it was very obvious that the girls weren't here. We were scanning the area when something caught my eye in the grass. I knelt down and picked it up. It was the pairs of earrings we gave to the girls. About a foot away was Jessie's necklace. I felt my heart shatter even more.

"Chad!" He jogged over and held out his hand. I heard a low growl in his throat as he realized what I had just dropped into his open palm. He closed his hand around them and kissed his fist. 

I checked my phone for any news from home, but nothing. Down the street was an intersection with a gas station, a Walmart, a pawn shop, and a diamond store.

Weird corner. They usually put regular stores and high end stores with other similar stores.

We got in the car and kept going in the direction the map had said earlier. Further down it became more residential. There were neighborhood entrances, apartment buildings, and warehouses. We pulled into a small plaza to figure out our next move.

"They could be anywhere..." Mike trailed off. I'd forgotten about him up till now. Rose was sitting next to him, her cheeks stained with tears.

"We're not gonna stop till we find them," Chad said. "We need to go home and come up with a plan. We need to figure out a search radius, map out any leads, and gather what info we can from the mall security cameras.

Mike's pov

We all went home and immediately headed down to the basement. I had told Rose to go upstairs and take a nap. She seemed to understand the gravity of the situation, because she went up without protest. Downstairs, the asshole we picked up at the bar was already bleeding from his lip and a spot on his temple, since Chad and Mason knew he was somehow involved. They were spitting questions at him without waiting for an answer. I didn't try to stop them, instead I went to the computer monitors and looked at what the guards were watching. Mall security feed. We were looking for anything that could give us even the slightest clue as to where the girls were, or who took them. So far, there was nothing.

Katie's pov

I woke up from a fitful nap, and for a moment, I forgot where I was. I sat up from the corner, remembering, and rubbed my eyes. I was out of tears. The blinds were open in front of the window, letting in the last light of the day before sunset. There was a digital clock on the wall. It read 6:17pm. I sighed as my tummy rumbled. Is Jessie okay? I remembered that the man put us in separate rooms. I didn't know where hers was. I looked in the crib and saw the stuffies he had mentioned earlier. I didn't want to cuddle them. Or sleep in this crib. I wanted to sleep next to daddy, safe in his arms.