The Beginning (Part 2)

Mason's pov

Jessie and I came downstairs to find Winny and Vinny on the couch with their eyes glued to the tv. Looking at the tv, the news was on. I told Jessie to go play and I sat on the couch next to the 2 elder people. Although they worked for me, I loved them. They were family to me.

I told Winny to turn it up a bit. 

"...being told that this epidemic is spreading rapidly, faster than the flu. It originated in China, and spread like wildfire. Research for a cure and for a vaccine has begun, but so far, all that helps is antibiotics, and rest. Health officials are recommending self isolation and social distancing, telling folks to only leave the house if absolutely necessary."

The broadcast cut to a commercial about some shampoo. Winny muted the tv and turned to me. "We should go grocery shopping and stock up. Vinny start a list."

She nodded and i agreed. 

"Jessie and I are go to the toy store. If we end up being stuck at home, she's gonna get bored pretty easily. Plus I don't want her involved in those crazy grocery crowds."

They agreed and left to get ready to leave.

I found Jessie at the dining table coloring. She looked up and her face brightened, her eyes settling on mine.

"Daddy! I drawed a penguin!" She held up her drawing proudly.

I picked her up and put her on my hip.

"It look great baby! Let's hang it on the fridge." I said, walking over to it. She pulled a purple magnet off the side of the fridge and smacked it on top of her picture that she was holding in place, then beamed. I kissed her temple and headed upstairs, explaining to her the game plan. I think all she heard was "toy store."

~Later, at the toy store~

Jessie's pov

THE TOY STORE! I CAN'T WAIT!

"Are we there yet?" I asked for like the 10 bazillionth time!

Daddy looked at me in the rearview mirror, kinda stern, then he cracked a smile.

"Yeah princess. We're here." He said, pulling into a parking spot.

In my head i screamed, but i knew if i screamed out loud I'd get in trouble. So instead i clapped happily and waited him to come around and unbuckle me.

He pulled me out of the car and set me down. I knew better than to run off. I was a good girl. I looked down at my outfit. It was new. I didn't want to wear it yet but daddy said this might be the last time in a long time. 

Daddy shut the door and we went into the huge store

Daddy shut the door and we went into the huge store. All around me were toys and stuffies and games! I didn't know where to start!! I tugged on daddy's hand.