Shopping! Pt. 2

Jessies's pov
I went to the Moana section first. I always wanted a Pua pillow pet. I saw a Hei Hei stuffy too but wanted Pua more. I looked up. The wall was so tall, and the Puas were all the way at the top.  I started trying to climb the shelves. I climbed 2 shelves but still couldn't reach.

Suddenly I felt a pair of hands lift me by the waist and put me on the ground. I looked up to see a smiling lady. A boy was hiding behind her.

"Hey sweetheart be careful! You wouldn't want to fall would you?" I hid my face as she reached for the Pua and gave it to me. I took it gingerly and mumbled a thank you.

"Where's your caregiver, little one?" I pointed to the doorway. She took my hand and started walking me over to daddy.

"Mason? No way. This your little?" Apparently they knew each other.

"Hey McKenzie what's up?" I don't think he had even noticed me yet.

"Well Toby and I were just leaving when I saw this little one climbing the shelves. I didn't know she was yours but I didn't want her to get hurt"

Mason's eyes slowly trailed to me and I squirmed under his gaze. He reached his hand out and pulled me into his lap, then looked back at her.

"Thanks M. It was good to see you" he smiled

"You too" she touched his arm. I wanted to flick her hand away. I watched as she walked away, her hips swaying, her hair bouncing. I looked at daddy. He was watching her too. I guess if I looked like that he'd pay more attention to me.

I slid off his lap and started to walk away. He called me back. "Jessie. Come here," I stopped, but didn't walk back to him.

"Little girl. Come here now." I wiped tears away and walked back to him.

He hugged me. "I'm sorry baby. She surprised me. I haven't seen her in years." I pulled away from him, knowing my eyes were full of tears.

"I-i should look like dat" I mumbled and he looked at me, clearly in disagreement.

"Baby I love the way you look. You're everything I want balled up into one perfect little person. I promise." I hid my face in his neck and sniffled, only partially believing him. He held me away from him and wiped my face.

"You're mine. I don't want anyone else."
I nodded and showed him Pua. He rubbed Pua's head and I smiled.

"If I recall you still have 2 more things to pick out right?" I nodded and turned to walk away. He held my hand and I turned around again only to see him standing. I looked at him confused.

"What?" He said. "I'm going with you since you forgot Rule#10" I blushed and opened my mouth to explain, but he picked me up before I could and gave me playful kisses.

"Where to Miss?" He asked, gesturing to the rest of the store. I pointed to the Tangled section and picked out a tiara with a hair extension, and after that a Stitch stuffie. We paid and left the store.

"Thank u Mr. Mason" he nodded, and I felt something in the vibe change. I squirmed a little so he'd out me down, but he just held me tighter. I gave up and yawned, laying my head on his chest.  I drifted off to sleep.

Mason's pov
Jessie fell asleep in my arms. I felt bad about the whole thing with McKenzie. She caught me so off guard. And I had no idea she was a mommy.

I went to a few different stores, picking out clothes for the angel I was holding. She whined a bit in her sleep but didn't wake up for about an hour. I was paying at the last store when she woke up, rubbing her eyes.

I smiled in thanks to the cashier and left. "Good morning sweetheart" I nuzzled her cheek with my nose. She yawned in response. I walked to the food court and sat at a table, grateful to be able to rest. She sat on my knee, quietly looking around. I remembered I was supposed to text Chad.

"Hey baby?" She looked at me slowly, and I realized she was sucking her thumb. I went into the backpack she was wearing and pulled out her paci, offering it to her. She took it and started sucking it softly.

Here goes nothin. "You know how Mike was your best friend?" She nodded, getting a little excited at his name. "Well I have a best friend too. His name is Chad, and he has a little girl named Katlyn. They are really eager to meet you. They're hoping that can happen tomorrow. How would you feel about that?"

She started sucking her paci a little harder out of concentration. "Dey nishe?" She asked. I chuckled and nodded. "Yes baby, the nicest. Fun too."

She thought a bit more then nodded. "Okie. I hungy" I smiled and pulled out her lunch. Her favorite of course. She gave me her paci and ate a goldfish, then took a bite of her sandwich. I gave her a sippy full of water that she happily drank.

I pulled out a sandwich for me too, but mine was ham. I finished before her and started cleaning up. I wondered if she remembered the candy store. When she finished I cleaned her face and hands and packed up everything.

"Ready?" She nodded and stood up. As we were walking to the candy store I texted Chad that tomorrow was a go.

He replied with "🙏🙏🙏" I laughed and slipped my phone into my pocket. Jessie seemed more awake and happy now that she napped and ate.

We were 2 stores from the candy store when she remembered and she screamed in excitement. She kept breaking that rule. I squeezed her hand and stood in front of her, blocking her view of the candy store.

"What am I about to say?" I gave her a stern look.

"I'm sorry daddy I ju-"

I cut her off "I didn't ask if you were sorry. I asked what I'm going to say."

"No yelling" she mumbled.

"I can't hear you" she whimpered a little and said it louder.

"No yelling" I nodded. "That's right. And what did you do?"

"I yelled daddy.."

"Mhm you did. One more time and I'll have to punish you. Do you understand?"

She nodded "Use your words."

"Yes daddy" I stood up and we went into the candy store. I really didn't wanna have to punish her. She's so sweet and innocent.