Play Date!

Jessies's pov

Daddy carried me downstairs. I could hear a male and female voice, but couldn't quite make out what they we're saying.

"...and you'd better be on your best behavior. Am I understood?"

"Yes da-OMG HI!!!!"

I'm guessing this was Katelyn. She jumped and ran over to me. I hid my face in daddy's chest, suddenly feeling very shy. She tugged on my shirt trying to get my attention.

"Katie," came the male voice, "give her time to warm up. She's never had another little friend, and is shy around new people."

Katelyn got quiet for a moment, then asked me "do you likes Lilo and Sitch?"

I perked my head up and looked at her, nodding. Daddy put me down carefully and walked me to the couch next to who I guess was Chad, Katelyn following.

"This is Chad, my best friend. He's Katelyn's daddy."

I gave him a shy wave.
"Hi Jessie. I've heard so much about you from Mason. He absolutely adores you."

I giggled and turned to Katelyn. "Uhm K-katelyn? Ca-" she cut me off.

"Oh my full name is Katelyn, but u can call me Kate! Or Katie! Or Kat!(pronounced Cat)"

"O-oh kk. Can I show you my Stitch stuffy that daddy bought for me? It's in my room.." I trailed off, realizing she probably didn't care. Boy was I wrong.

"YEEEEES!!!! I LOVE STITCHY AND I WANNA SEE WHAT YOUR ROOM LOOKS LIKE" she basically screeched at the top of your lungs. She was barely able to keep still either.

"Katelyn Jones." Came Chad's deep voice. I guess it was his I-mean-business voice, because it was much deeper than when he said hi to me, and Katelyn appeared worried. She looked at him, and his finger was pointing to the space in front of him. She went and stood there, her eyes downcast and her hands behind her back.

"What did I tell you not 5 minutes ago?" She stood there silently as he waited for a response. "Kate."

She mumbled a response. "What was that? I couldn't hear you. Speak up."

She looked at him. "To behave myself"

"That's right. And what does that include?" He questioned.

"Using my inside voice..." She trailed off, looking at the floor again.

"Exactly. Don't let me have to tell you again."

She nodded and turned to me, speaking quietly.

"Can we go now?" I nodded and looked at daddy. He nodded, letting me know it was okay to go upstairs. 

Third Person pov

Jessie led the way, climbing carefully so she didn't trip. Once we got to the top, Katelyn turned around and said "Echo" but in a normal voice so she wouldn't get in trouble. It didn't work. She shrugged and they walked into Jessie's room.

"Woooow!" she said in a gasp. "It's so pretty!!!" she sprawled herself out on the fluffy carpet, taking it all in. Jess went over to the crib and grabbed Stitch, touching up his hair and then handing him to her. 

"He's so soft and fluffy and huggable!!!" Kate exclaimed, hugging him to her.

"I know right!" She felt herself warming up to Katie.

"Hey Katie you wanna play dolls?" She sat up quickly and nodded.

Jessie took her dolls out of her toy chest and brought them over, letting Katelyn pick, then picking her own. They began playing, instantly becoming best friends.