Work Day Pt. 2 (Jessie)

Jessies's pov

I watched through the blinds as daddy got in his blue car and left. I felt like I had all the time in the world to do whatever I wanted. Suddenly I heard the microwave beep. What the heck? I thought I was home alone...

I crept to the kitchen, expecting to find someone clad in black with a ski mask and some type of weapon. Instead, I peeked around the counter and saw a short stout lady in a floral dress. She turned and saw me, and I squeaked and hid.

"Oh Jessie honey. I'm so sorry. We didn't get a chance to meet last night. My name is Vinny. My husband and I tend to the house for Mr. Galloway. I didn't mean to startle you..."

She trailed off and I looked at her again, studying her face. She had the kindest hazel eyes, a gentle smile with slightly yellowed teeth. She had smile lines at the corners of her eyes and mouth. She was a bit taller then me, but was slightly hunched over. She wore round glasses, and had thin silver gray hair.

I walked over to her. "Hewwo. I Jessie"

She smiled at me a little brighter and turned to the microwave. "well little Jessie, I was just making hot chocolate. Would you like some? Then I can put on a movie for you."

I nodded eagerly. I ran to the couch and was looking at my coloring books when she came over to me. "What movie do you want to watch?" I thought for a moment then decided.

"Fifty Shades of Grey!!!"

Her eyes bugged out and she barely kept in a laugh. "I don't think your daddy would approve of that very much. How about Finding Nemo?"

I shook my head. "Nuh uh. Awaddin."

She nodded and put it on the tv, then sat with me. "Hey Jessie? Can I color with you later?"

"OMG YES!!" We heard the door shut behind us and a chuckle. I stared at the man wide eyed. Who wha- how did he? I was very confused. Vinny went over and kissed the man on the cheek, taking some grocery bags from him. The microwave beeped and he inhaled deeply.

"Vinny, are you making your homemade hot chocolate?"

"Yup," she responded, taking the bags into the kitchen as he trailed behind. "oh, Jessie! Come here."

I got up and went to the kitchen slightly nervous.

"This is my husband, Winston-"

"But you can call me Winny!" He beamed proudly. I walked to him slowly, and he grabbed my arm and pulled me into a bear hug. "You're just adorable!!! Mason picked a good one."

He let me go and I felt odd. That hug was really nice. He smelled like Mikey too. Mikey...I wonder how he's doing.

I climbed up onto a chair and looked at Winny. He was tall, almost as tall as daddy. He had a gray beard to match his gray hair and mustache. He didn't have much hair on his head though. He had blue eyes and a dorky smile that made you feel like you could trust him.

He put away the groceries and Vinny put another cup in the microwave, and continued preparing my hot chocolate.

"V-vinnie?" She looked at me. She had happiness in her eyes. I loved that. "Can I has marshmallows?" She went to the pantry and pulled out 3 different bags of marshmallows. Wacky colors, minis, and jumbo. I pointed to the jumbo ones and she put a couple in my hot chocolate and a couple mor on a napkin, then brought it over to me.

It smelled amazing. I was about to pick it up and take a sip when Winny came over and put something around my neck. I looked down and it was a bib.

"Don't want the baby to make a mess do we?"

I giggled picked up the mug. It had rubber around the outside, which was nice because the mug wouldn't burn my fingies. I took a sip and it. Was. Heaven. "Vinny what's in this it's SO GOOD!"