𝑇 𝐻 𝑅 𝐸 𝐸

...♕...

♕

......

       Sitting in a lab and helping her father had always been one of Olivia Starks favorite things to do in her free time. Whether it be at night when she woke up after a nightmare or the days leading to her twentieth birthday when Tony was creating the Ironman suit, or even now when she just sat in a corner of the helicarrier and put in her two cents towards Tony and Bruce's work, whatever it was she sat and helped.

       It gave her something to do, something to take her mind off all of the madness happening inside her head.

       Usually when she couldn't help Tony, she would try new things with her powers — like the time she tried to make a usable chair out of fire but ended up getting distracted and falling through. She would provide entertainment, or sit on a video call with her little brother.

       Her little nerd of a brother.

       She remembered the first time she ever met him. Olivia was nineteen, waiting months for her father to come home after being taken hostage by terrorists.

       Her brother was eight. Small and goofy, running crazily up to his aunt to tell her he made a new friend. His brown hair due for a haircut flopping into his eyes that were covered by thin rectangular glasses.

       Olivia didn't even mean to meet him, she had gone in search of her birth mother just to ask her a few questions, possibly stay the night and leave the next day, only to be told that her mother died two years before in a plane crash.

       Then not too long after having that bomb dropped on her, the little brunette boy ran in with his Hulk backpack yelling about his new friend and how he likes Star Wars instead of Star Trek.

       The boys aunt introduced the two half siblings and allowed Olivia to take her brother out for the rest of the day to get to know each other, the young woman taking him to her favorite deli grocery and getting sandwiches.

       Two number fives with pickles and smooshed down real flat.

       He told her how his favorite color is red, like a fire truck, and she told him how hers was blue.

       She asked him about his Hulk backpack and if he liked the Hulk, which now that she thought about it was a pretty dumb question. He told her that he liked the Hulk but he loved the scientist behind the Hulk, they just didn't have a backpack for Doctor Bruce Banner.

       The two returned back to his aunts house before dark, Olivia saying her goodbyes and assuring her little brother she would be back soon.