𝑇 𝐻 𝐼 𝑅 𝑇 𝐸 𝐸 𝑁

...♕...

♕

......

       A couple of weeks had gone by. Steve had gotten a mission or two from Shield and Olivia had began to think maybe she did get fired after her unapologetic verbal assaults to the secretary.

       Whenever Steve was gone, Olivia would curl up in the couch with one of the seven Harry Potter books. She would read a couple chapters before quickly getting bored of reading and slamming it shut.

       By this point she would turn on TBS and watch FRIENDS and The Big Bang Theory while she practiced with her powers.

       Steve had gotten his stuff moved into the apartment, only a couple of boxes remained to be unpacked, but Olivia would end up letting her slight ocd take over and put it away before he could.

       Natasha had visited a couple of times, mostly to pick up some of her belongings. But when Olivia offered to make her famous shrimp linguine pasta, the spy couldn't resist and stayed longer.

       During the dinners Natasha would always ask if they had gone out on a date yet, sensing the chemistry a mile away. They would always laugh it off, making Natasha groan then try to get Olivia drunk so she would confess her feelings. She would leave right after Olivia poured herself the "over the limit" glass of wine.

       Currently, the two Avengers sat on the couch. They had an old Harry James record playing softly in the background while Steve tried, and failed, to teach Olivia how to play cribbage.

       They had drinks on the small oak coffee table next to them, a beer for Steve and a sprite for Olivia.

       The woman laughed at herself, "Steve, I'm obviously stupid, let's play go fish," she said for about the eighth time that night, leaning back against the arm of the couch.

       "No, Liv you almost got it," Steve told her, leaning over the small board and pulling her to sit back up, "come on, let's count your fifteens," he encouraged.

       She sighed, grabbing the five and the queen from her hand, "fifteen for two," she then brought the queen up to the five on the pile, "fifteen for four, and a pair for six," she said, showing the pair of fives.

       "See you got it," Steve grinned, encouraging her into a better mood, "I see six more points there."

       Olivia furrowed her brows at the scattered cards. Steve reached over, putting the five by the six and seven to help her see it, "oh!" She exclaimed, getting excited she saw it, "a run for nine and another run for twelve!" She laughed in his face, moving her red peg twelve spaces, "beat that Rogers."