𝑇 𝑊 𝐸 𝐿 𝑉 𝐸

...♕...

♕

......

       Peggy Carter laid in her just slightly over twin sized hospital bed. Her once gorgeous chestnut brown curls still in tact but now an almost bleached blonde, bordering grey. And her smooth skin had wrinkled, showing time had passed since Steve had seen her back in the forties.

       Olivia was used to it all, knowing Peggy just briefly when her hair was still flawlessly brown and her skin was still doll like. She vaguely remembered when she was two years old, she was over at her grandparents house and her Aunt Peggy came over, yelling at Howard that she was catching up to him, telling him she was finally getting as gray as him.

       So as she saw the elderly woman she admired so much, it didn't bother her to see her gray and wrinkled, it didn't bother her knowing she was old and frail. The only thing that bothered her was knowing that the once vibrant, strong willed, confident woman she looked up to for so many years, was finally beaten down by he world she grew up in.

       "Oh, my sweet Olivia," Peggy gushed, weakly holding out her hand for the young Stark, "how are you dear?"

       Olivia smiled at her, gently taking the shield founders hand in her own, "I'm doing alright Aunt Peggy, how are you?" She asked, trying to give the woman her full attention instead of turning around and scolding Steve for not following her in.

       "Doing better now that I know at least one of you two Starks are alive," Peggy chuckled, squeezing the girls hand, "I heard the news, aliens in New York," she said.

       "Oh, it was crazy," Olivia began, quickly diving into what all had happened in New York.

       They talked endlessly, Peggy getting caught up on the young woman's exciting life, learning every detail up until that very moment. And after that Peggy told her about her boring days, laying in bed and "wasting away" as she put it.

       They had been talking a little over an hour and a half before Steve timidly knocked on the open door. Olivia smiled at him, gesturing him in. Peggy almost burst into tears when she realized who was walking in.

       "Steve?" She asked, not sure if she was dreaming or if she was actually seeing the captain that had stolen her heart during the war, "you came back?"

       "Yeah, Peg," Steve smiled softly at her, reaching her side and grabbing her hand.

       "It's been so long," Peggy cried, "so long."

       Olivia watched as the two reunited after seventy years. A grin creeping onto her face as they started talking like old times. Her feel good moment was broken, however, when her phone buzzed from her back pocket.