𝐹 𝐼 𝐹 𝑇 𝐸 𝐸 𝑁

...♕...

♕

......

       Olivia sat perched on the sofa chair, curled up into a ball with a mug of coffee in her hands. Her laptop was balanced on her knees with her green eyes skimming over prewritten emails from her father, asking her to revise them before having to send them out by tomorrow.

       All of the lights were out except the lamp in her bedroom and the soft glow of the computer screen. The moon was high in the night sky and shining through the window, begging to be glanced at by the beautiful greens belonging to the American princess.

       The oven let out a long quiet beep, the analogue clock reading midnight. She took a sip of the creamy caffeinated drink, brewed to just her liking.

       Steve still wasn't home from his latest mission, but she didn't expect him to be home until long after she fell asleep and into the early hours of the morning.

       A couple months had passed since their first date. Olivia had been impatient as always and asked him to be her boyfriend. It was quite the moment, Steve had been planning on attempting a romantic dinner for them at home, stumbling over his words when they finally sat down to talk. She cut him off with a kiss, immediately after asking, "can I be your girlfriend now?"

       He answered her by bringing her into another kiss, making her let out the adorable little giggle he adored so much.

       Since then they had only bickered a handful of times, always resolving it by dinner time and forgetting about it when they were cuddled up on the sofa with a movie playing in the background as they fell asleep.

       Steve had been a complete gentleman, making sure she would be alright when he had to leave for missions. Dancing with her in the living room to the soothing sounds of Etta James on vinyl every Sunday night.

       He brought her flowers whenever the last bouquet died, each of the arrangements reminding him of her in some way or another. He was completely enthralled by the Stark, and there was no doubt in her mind that she felt the same about him.

       The last three months had been complete bliss, never failing to leave the couple wanting more of the other. Always wanting to be wrapped up in their bubble of heaven.

       Olivia checked her phone, hoping but not expecting to find some type of message from her blonde soldier. There was nothing.

       Her eyes stayed locked on her background for a moment longer, a photo of her and Steve on the Wharf. The bright summer sun glazing their skin. She was standing on the tippy tops of her toes to reach his cheek, placing a kiss on his face.