Stare (Modern AU!Ymir x Female reader)

Third Person View

Stare— that's the only thing Y/n could do, simply stare as the love of her life falls in love with someone else. And she can't do anything about it, she can't stop Ymir, the "love of her life", from falling for someone else.

"You're staring," Sasha, her best friend, stated. "you okay?" She casted Y/n a worried look. She's the only one who knew about Y/n's love for Ymir.

Y/n sighed deeply— asking herself if she was okay. "Hmm, no." She smiled pitifully, "of course I'm not okay."

Sasha's shoulders sagged, she wanted Y/n to move on, to be happy again. But she said nothing— only hugging her sideways. That comforted Y/n, Sasha said nothing but, she felt her words through the warm embrace she was caged in.

They were currently at her apartment, the group has this date nights that happen every Friday. That tortured her though— seeing the dream couple laugh together.

Y/n yawned and laid down on the couch, "I'm gonna take a short nap," Sasha smiled at her in response, "Wake me up, yeah?"

And she's off to dreamland.

(In her dream...)

Y/n felt a gush of wind, messing her hair and making her cover her face. She was in a vast of grassy plain that's full of flowers, it calmed her a bit. She looked around— eyes twinkling with sparkle, soaking in the beautiful scenery.

"Y/n!" She heard someone call her, "Y/n, over here!" She turned around.

It was her— Ymir, and her heart skipped a bit. She waved at Y/n, beckoning her to come to her. She slowly walked and every step she walked made her smile.

Ymir laughed heartily, "Hi there," Y/n flushed. "Sit down, c'mere."  She obliged and looked at her.

"What's up?" She questioned— curious about all of these as she looked around. "What are we doing here?"

Y/n didn't get any response, confusing her more. She looked at Ymir, and what she saw pained her. It pained her to see Ymir looking at her with her eyes that are filled with love.

Ymir slowly raised her hand and  caressed Y/n's cheek. "Why are you looking at me like that," She questioned— more like stated.

"Like what?" Ymir laughed, "what do you mean?"

She gave her this look, this look that made her gather tears in her eyes. Y/n put both of her hands on the side of Ymir's face, thumbs tracing her cheekbones. Her tears finally came down when Ymir put her hand on top of hers, a sob came out of her when she felt Ymir nuzzle into her hands. Ymir leaned in and kissed her tear aways, resulting another wail from Y/n. Their eyes met and she was so close, so close to kissing the love of her life. But no, it was all a dream— a dream where none of it was real, none.

(End dream)

Third Person View

Y/n woke up with a yelp, catching that attention of the squad. Immediately, Sasha came to her aid— asking if she was fine.

"I'm fine," Y/n waved her dismissively, "I'm fine, just a nightmare. Gonna take a breather for a while.." She stood up and went for the balcony, worrying them further.

She stared at the sky, wondering of she was gonna move on from this. Or should I say, if she is able to move on. She can't help but wonder if that dream was ever gonna be real, but she knows, — she knows that it will never come true.

She could only stare at her with longing in her eyes..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize if this sucks, blame the school😭

Hope u enjoyed! :)