guess who's back (hange)

after our last... encounter, i havent heard from her in weeks--not a single crime from her, nothing. im starting to think she's dead.

i shake my head to get her out of my thoughts. my eyes travel to the stacks of paperwork on my desk--shit, i could really use some relaxation time. and, speaking of time, its 1:56 am. 

the quietness and eeriness of my office makes the hair on my nape stands up, goosebumps appearing along my arms--its chilly too. i undid a few buttons on my shirt, a deep sigh comes out of my mouth as i lean back on my chair and close my eyes.

few seconds pass by and i hear clicking of shoes. 

a chuckle met my ears.

i know who it is, and frankly, im too tired to deal with her.

"not even gonna say hi, detective?" she purrs out the word detective.

my jaw clenches. 

i massage the bridge of my nose, "what is it? i was starting to think you were turning over a new leaf."

she replied with a guttural voice, "..maybe."

its followed by a cough, and that makes me open my eyes. concern and worry washes over my body as i take in the sight; she's all bloody, christ, how can she even stand up if she's that battered and bruised.

i hurriedly go to her, gently assessing her wounds.

"what the fuck happened to you?" the worry now lacing through my words.

she laughs but hisses, "this is nothing--"

"shut up," i managed to let her lean into me while i gently guide her on the small sofa i have in my office.

hastily, i snatch my med kit under my table. my eyebrows furrow in concentration to stitch her wounds, my jaw clenching harder as i hear her groan and moan in pain. 

to spare her, i warn her before doing anything. "this is gonna hurt, hange."

"worried, are w--" 

i cut her off by pressing lightly on one of her injuries, she winks at me before falling silent. but then, she starts again.

im stitching her eyebrow when she asks me, "you know, you could arrest me right here, right now, but you dont. why?"

the question falls deaf on my ears. 

"im vulnerable, im too injured to run from you. dont you want to me to be your collar?" she presses on. "cmon, answer me."

"no."

"why not," she whines out like a child, "cmon, baby."

the pet name makes me stop. i stare at her before continuing. 

"what are you planning, y/n?" she eyes me up and down. 

i roll my eyes, "nothing." she hisses, "sorry.."

"its fine, so why wont you arrest me?"

the scissors makes the snip sound as it cuts the thread, "why wont you shut up?"

i grab some wet wipes to clean her bloodied and full of dirt face. the coldness of the material makes her close her eyes, seeming to be refreshed. 

"answer my question first."

she seems to prepare herself because im close to her busted eyebrow, a small smile adorns my face. i lean more towards her to see where my hand is. 

"i just wanna know, darling."

im so close to her face, i can feel her hot breath. god, the effect she has on me. my hand grabs her cheek, i turn her head to look at the side so that i can wipe her neck too. she lowly groans. god dammit.