I'm sorry (Lara Tybur x Female reader ANGST/FLUFF/SMUT)

I smile softly as I prepare my wife's favourite tea and pastry; jasmine tea and shortbread, plain, but nice. I hum a tune as I go around the kitchen. I've decided to do this because she's been cooped up in her office for a couple of days now, also, I had noticed she's quite tense too. I put the treats and tea on a tray, before slowly and carefully walking to her office.

"Lara?" I struggled to knock, but I somehow did it. "Can I come in?"

The door opens and I was met with a tired smile and eyes. She looks down and see the tray that holds the food she loves.

"I see that you've made me my favourites." She smiles at me and moves to the side so that I can come in. "You can just put those on my desk. Thank you, love."

I look at her, and take her whole state she was in. Eyebags are clearly there, and shoulders tight and tense.

"I was thinking that you could take a break, my love." Concern laces my voice.

She sat down on the chair she was on earlier. She pinches the bridge of her nose, she sighs, a bit of irritation in it.

"Dear, you know that's not possible right now." She mumbles and turned to the paperworks in front of her.

I sigh this time, "You can just rest for a couple of minut-"

"No, I cannot." She cuts me off.

She is now looking at me— glaring, I mean. I glare back, not liking that she's reacting like this.

She continues, "My family has high expectations and I need to achieve that."

"I'm just saying, Lara, you need to rest." I shake my head.

She click her tongue. "Again, I cannot. Can you not understand that? Are you that desperate for my attention. Enough."

Desperate? Is she seriously saying I'm desperate for her attention. Shock, anger, and more importantly, sadness, fills my body. Tears gather in my eyes, and I look at her with pain in my eyes. She must've saw it, because shock also replaced her irritated eyes.

"Well forgive me if I just wanted MY wife to take a break even for just a couple of minutes. And-- And you know what," I chuckle , on the brink of crying, "calling me desperate is just low, Lara. As your partner, It's my job to make sure you are healthy and okay." I rant.

"My lov-" She started, but I cut her off this time.

"No, no," I take off the necklace she gave me. "Here, have this. Since you clearly prioritize your work more than your health and your wife, you can have that."

I sigh deeply and sadly, the tears began to fall as I throw the necklace at her. She catches the object, and I see her tired shoulders sag the moment her hand comes in contact with it. I harshly wipe the tears off of my face using the back of my hand. She opens her mouth but nothing comes out, my sniffles silencing her. She hesitantly takes a step towards me, however, I step back. I step back again, and again until I turn around and walk out of the room.

Third Person View

The slam of the door was heard. Unfortunately for Y/n, she didn't see how glossy Lara's eyes had become. How she looked at the necklace that was resting upon her hand... dejectedly. How she sat down and puts her face between her hands. How her lips quivered when she remembered the state she was in-- Y/n's broken and pained face. Lara's eyes found the tray her wife brought her. And after a few stressful days, she finally smiled. She smiled. And it was all because of Y/n, her beautiful and loving spouse.

How could she be so stupid. To hurt the only thing that's been keeping her safe and sane. She rubs her eyes— frustrated at herself. Her thumb rubs the cool surface of the necklace, somewhat giving her comfort. Minutes pass by and she was stuck in her own head. Beating herself up over the things she has said and she had done.