Warmth (Hange Zoë x Female reader FLUFF)

Strong arms held me back as I tried to lunge forward.

"N-no! Please-- just let me go!" I try to pry them off. "Levi! Listen to me-"

Mikasa went in front of me, "Y/n, you can't. you know you can't."

I attempt again but she restrained me by a tight hug.

"Let me go-- i said let me fucking go!"

Hot tears roll down my sweaty face— smoking enveloping us. But nothing, and i mean, nothing, will compare to the pain we, I, have.

"Are you guys crazy?! That's Hange down there— let me go- i just need to-- you understand, right?!" I scream out.

Mikasa rocks me gently— hands gripping her shoulders.

"We-we were supposed to be together to the end of t-time."

Snot and tears.

Warmness.

Sadness.

Denial.

Darkness.

Anger.

I feel my sore throat let out sobs. I feel my heart clenching. I..

I'm laughing?

Crying?

"Can you believe that? She left me on the roof." I cackle. "We were planning to get married— in the middle of this. Levi was gonna officiate."

I see a glimpse of Levi's head hanging down— even through my tears, through my blurred eyesight, he looks crestfallen.

All of us looks like shit.

Maybe in another life, we'd get to do all of those.

•~•~

My eyes snap open— hands desperately feeling the space beside me. Chest falling up and down, labored breaths filling the open room.

I frantically look around.

Darkness.

No, no, no. please no-

The door opens.

"You okay?"

I run towards her. God, I ran.

She's here.

"I'm okay. You're here now." I took a whiff of her shirt.

Finding comfort in it, I broke down.

Her eyebrows stitch together in concern. "Hey-hey, what happened?"

"I had a dream. A dream where you-- you died." I managed to wheeze out.

I can't breathe. What if this is also a dream? What if this is not real? What if–

I'm so caught up in my head, i didn't even notice her pull back. And, I sank to the ground.

"Look at me," Soft fingers ground me. "I'm fine."

Third Person View

Warm.

Y/n feels.. warm.

Warmth that brings her peace— not chaos.

That's what it is this time— peace.

Still, she can't help but cry— cry for the things she felt, for the things she had dreamt about. With a shout of her name, she was back to Earth.

"Match my breathing, darling," Hange says softly, and hands holding her face. "In and out."

Taking a hold of the wrists, she takes a deep breath. Slowly, she begins to copy Hange's breathing.

"There you go," She smiles. "there's my good girl."

Y/n leans unto her hands, smiling back a little. Thumbs wipe away the remnants of her tears— she closes her eyes at the feeling.

She hears her say, "it was just a bad dream. You know i'm not going anywhere. Come on, let's get off the floor."

Almost drunkenly, Y/n stood up on weakened legs. Before they can go to bed, Hange pulls her in. She sniffs and rub her sore eyes.

"I am not going anywhere, darling." She punctuated her every word with a kiss.

Y/n sighs, "i know, i know. It was just a bad dream."

Their foreheads touch.

"I want some spicy noodles."

Hange grins, "it's 2 am in the morning, but sure."

A sizzling pan and gentle music. The smell of noodles and lights of their kitchen. It all brings warmth to Y/n, once more.

It's her home.

"Puppy Love" plays. That song makes the both smile. Without saying anything, the two turns to each other.

"That's our song, darling."

"I know, love."

Smoothly, Y/n slid her arms around Hange's neck. The soft tune making them both sway slightly.

Yin and Yang.

Moon and sun.

All of those represents these two. Different, however understand one another.

Hange removes one of Y/n arms and held it, the other going down to her hip. They lock eyes— lips turning into a smile immediately, almost as if the dream never happened.

Rings glinting. Hearts beating. Love filled the air.

"I love you, you know that?"

"Of course i do." Y/n giggles. "And, I love you, too."

Even after nine years of marriage, those words do not fail to bring butterflies in her stomach— makes her feel like a school girl yet again.

Kissing her wife once before laying her head on Hange's shoulder— the gentle swaying makes Y/n close her eyes and savour this moment.

She feels a kiss on her head, and hears another whisper of  an "I love you."

Their food can wait.

She's her home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

just a lil fluff for @Moxie_LocalLesbian1 wish u the best and hope this is up to ur standards