Chapter 2.

"What's all this?" Shota asked me the next morning, gesturing towards the plate filled with bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

"Hm? Oh, I just thought you would like breakfast." I said in a simple manner, while sitting at the table and beginning to poke at my singular pancake coated with syrup.

"Thank you, Reyna." He replied, digging into his meal while we both continued to eat in silence with the occasional comment or two.

When I finished washing the dishes, I grabbed my book bag and slipped on my simple black sneakers, attempting to smooth my skirt enough to cover more inches of my legs.

"Why are we required to wear skirts, sir? I feel in the mood to wear pants." I muttered, nearing Shota as he grabbed an odd and large yellow bag.

"I don't make the rules for the school, kid. Also, don't try and isolate yourself, it's not a bad thing to make friends so don't ruin it by being awkward." His blunt tone made me wince internally. Damn, am I really that awkward? Yet, I knew the answer. Socializing was not my strong suit and I made that clear by the short, clipped sentences I'd speak often and the way I wrinkled my nose if anyone came too close.

I settled for a simple 'Fine,' and exited his house since he said I needed to avoid suspicion of living with him by arriving to school before he did. Before I could fully walk out the door, I heard him speak a command, "All my students had about a month to befriend each other. Your late arrival puts you at a disadvantage, so try your best. Make at least a friend today."

Walking to school was fairly simple and relaxing, I admired the beautiful scenery of the trek as the trees blurred into mesmerizing shades of green and deep brown. The sun was shining softly, piercing my skin enough to embrace me with its warmth. As I neared the school and grass shifted to sturdy pavements, I began to notice students with the exact same gray coat as mine sending the occasional look my way. I realized then that I looked blatantly foreign and that probably interested them of my presence. I ignored the urge to run back to Aizawa's and curl into a ball and marched past the blue arch with the gold letters 'UA' placed directly overhead. I had to admit, the school was beautiful. Rather than looking at the students I walked by, I kept my eyes focused on the two, crystal-clear buildings that reflected the sky. The design of the school relaxed my unsettled nerves, and I entered one building that would designate where to head to for my class.

I groaned, as I realized the classroom was a few buildings up. I despised elevators, the sinking feeling as the mechanism moved me up or down always forced me into an embarrassing crouching position as my breathing became rapid. As I neared it, I told myself, 'Grow some balls, you coward.' That seemed to silence the smaller voice in my head that shrieked with panic. Stepping in, I clicked the button to close the elevator door, refusing to allow anyone to enter with me.

It was too late though.

I watched in annoyance as a large, fair-skinned hand jammed in between the two doors right before they shut and in entered a boy with blonde tufts sticking out in random directions and an angry look plastered.

I sighed, shuffling towards the corner of the elevator to distance myself from him as much as possible. He seemed to notice though and his eyes flickered to me with a brighter anger.

"What the fuck is your problem?" He snapped, and I couldn't help the way my annoyance grew. I briefly recalled the last words Aizawa said to me before I left his house and decided to disregard that advice as I stared at the flickering buttons and ignored him.

"Are you deaf or just stupid?" His voice grew louder and I had to suppress the urge to roll my eyes as I never removed my gaze to take in his appearance. I mulled on what to say to him before finally settling on a simple sentence. "Neither. I have no interest in talking to you." I wasn't lying, I had no time to associate with people who reminded me of those that bullied me in middle school.